Facebook is constantly improvising its Messenger, by adding new features. Now, Social Networking Giant has rolled out Live Location feature which allows users to share their current location in real-time, but only for an hour at a time.
The location will be displayed on the map as a single point. As the user moves, the location point also moves along, allowing friends and family to track movements. It will also have an indicator that will show the time remaining.
How to share live locations in Facebook Messenger
- To shaver Live Location feature in Facebook messenger on iOS, tap location icon or tap more icon and then select Location
- After todays update, users can see map of current location. It will have option to tap on blue bar to shar your current Live Location
- If you choose to share your Live Location, the person or people you share it with will be able to see where you are on a map for the next 60 minutes.
- You’ll be able to see an estimate of how long it would take to get to others’ locations by car. (The ETA is seen by the person with whom the location is shared.)
- You can stop sharing your Live Location at any time; just tap Stop Sharing.
- A small clock in the lower right hand corner of the map will also let you know how much longer you’re sharing your location for.
- For Android, tap the Location icon or tap the More icon and then select Location.
- You’ll see a map of your current location and the option to tap a blue bar to share your Live Location for 60 minutes. Just like on iOS, you’ll have the option to stop sharing your Live Location by tapping Stop Sharing, and you’ll see how much longer you’re sharing your Live Location for via a small count down clock in the lower right hand corner of the map.