Samsung Electronics has partnered with Microsoft and has introduced the most immersive Windows Mixed Reality (MR) headset in the market called Samsung HMD Odyssey. It was announced at an event held in San Francisco.
The Mixed reality headsets have been designed to offer best experience. It can easily connect with PC and does not require to install any extra motion sensor.
It has 6-degrees of Freedom (6 DOF) sensor which allows intuitive and natural movements. The Samsung HMD Odyssey sports an adjustable control wheel, providing a comfortable and snug fit.
It has two 3.5-inch AMOLED displays with 110-degree FOV. It has Built-in AKG Headphones and sports 2 microphones. The headsets offers 360-dgeree Spatial sound.
Samsung HMD Odyssey Specifications
- Dimensions: 202 x 131.5 x 111 mm (W X D X H)
- Weight: 645 grams
- Platform: Windows Mixed Reality
- Controls: Volume / IPD Adjustment
- Display: dual 3.5-inch AMOLED screen, 1600 x 1440 pixels resolution at 90/60Hz
- Lens: Single Fresnel
- Field of View: Φ66, FOV 110º, 6.7X
- IPD: 60-72 mm range
- Camera: 6DOF Camera x 2
- Acoustics: 2 Microphone support, Cortana, Built-in AKG Headphones
- Interface: HDMI 2.0, USB 3.0 Interface Bound Cable (4m Length)
- Sensors: 6-Axis Accelerometer, 6-Axis Gyrometer, 3 Axis Compass, Proximity Sensor, IPD sensor
The Samsung HMD Odyssey is priced at $499 and will be available later this year in the US, China, Korea, Brazil and Hong Kong. Its per-orders commences in the US from October 3rd.
YG Choi, Senior Vice President of PC Business Team, Samsung Electronics.
The Samsung HMD Odyssey is a high performing headset, which like all of our products, delivers meaningful innovation to our consumers’ lives. Designed in partnership with Microsoft, the Samsung HMD Odyssey transports consumers to the next frontier of Windows Mixed Reality, which introduces to them to a new, industry leading virtual reality experience.