Almost a year back ASUS unveiled its ROG Phone gaming smartphone. Today company has announced its successor which is ASUS ROG Phone II.
As expected, the phone is powered by octa-core Snapdragon 855+ mobile platform, which ensures best gaming performance. Additionally, the specs are at par with the details revealed by TENAA listing. The ROG Phone II features in 3D vapor chamber to maintain performance while gaming. It has actual vents at the back for heat dissipation.
The smartphone comes with dedicated ultrasonic AirTriggers with faster haptic response rate than its predecessor. There are two high-end vibration motors and sports an in-display fingerprint sensor.
The ASUS ROG Phone 2 comes with Aurora RGB lighting which gives a sense of gaming. It has 6.6-inch multi-touch display with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. It comes with 60Hz refresh rate out of the box but can also handle up to 120Hz (can be set per app basis). It has 240 Hz sampling rate with 49ms touch latency.
The device comes with up to 128GB RAM and a powerful 6000mAh battery which supports 30W HyperCharge fast charging or 30W Quick Charge 40 / PD 3.0. It has dual front facing stereo 5-magnet speakers with dual smart amplifiers and supports Hi-Res audio.
ASUS ROG Phone II Specifications
- Dimensions: 170.99 x 77.6 x 9.48 mm
- Weight: 240 Grams
- Biometrics: in-display fingerprint sensor
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM slots
- Vibrations: Dual high-end vibrating motors XYZ axis for surround feel
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie based ROG UI
- Display: 6.6-inch AMOLED 10-bit HDR display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 108% DCI-P3 colors. 120Hz at 1ms refresh rate, 240Hz touch sensor sampling rate, deltaE < 1 color accuracy, 10000:1 contrast ratio 10-point multi-touch support, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Chipset: octa-core (2.9GHz Kryo 485 x 1 + 2.42GHz Kryo 485 x 3 + 1.8GHz Kryo 485 x 4) Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 (675MHz) GPU
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128GB / 512GB UFS 3.0 (non expandable)
- Front camera: 24MP
- Rear cameras: 48MP (Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8um pixels, F/1.79 Aperture, 4k at 60fps) + 13MP (125-degree FOV) dual shooters with LED Flash
- Battery: 6000 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 / 4.0 / PD 3.0 fast charging support (supports 30W Hyper Charge as well)
- Audio: Dual front facing speakers (Stereo speakers) with dual Smart Amplifier, Hi-Res Audio, , DTS: X Ultra, Quad microphones with noise-cancellation, voice wakeup
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), 2×2 MIMO), Bluetooth V5.0, GPS/GLONASS/BDS/Galileo,/QZSS, NFC, 3.5mm Audio jack, USB Type-C connector
- Sensors: two Ultrasonic AirTrigger sensors, Accelerometer, Proximity, Hall, Ambient Light, Gryoscope, e-Compass
The ASUS ROG Phone II comes in Black color. Price will be announced tomorrow when the phone makes an official appearance. Global roll out is slated sometime in September.
ASUS ROG Phone 2 Price
- 8GB RAM + 128GB Storage model: 3499 Yuan (US$ 508 / Rs. 35,080 approx.)
- 12GB RAM + 512GB Storage model: 5999 Yuan (US$ 872 / Rs. 60,150 approx.)
- ROG Phone II Supreme version: 7999 Yuan (US$ 1162 / Rs. 80,180 approx.). Available in Q4
- ROG Phone II eSports Armor Edition: 12999 Yuan (US$ 1890 / Rs. 1,30,300 approx.). Comes with all the accessories.
Both 8GB / 12GB RAM variants of ROG Phone 2 will be available for order starting today and pre-orders will last till July 31st. It will start selling in August.