Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has officially launched Redmi Note 10 JE for Japanese markets. The smartphone is exclusive to Japan and brings several improvements over Redmi Note 10 5G.
The Redmi Note 10 JE (Japanese Edition) comes with IPX8 and IP6X water and dust resistant rating. It has a single SIM slot with 5G and 4G VoLTE support.
The handset is 9.0 mm thick at its slimmest part and houses a fingerprint sensor at side. It is powered by MIUI 12.5 which is based on Android 11.
The Redmi Note 10 JE feature a 6.5-inch display with FHD+ resolution. It has adaptive refresh rate (30Hz/50Hz/60Hz/90Hz) and includes a 360-degree ambient light sensor for managing brightness.
Powering inside is octa-core Snapdragon 480 5G processor with 4GB LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB UFS 2.2 storage space and allows further expansion as well. For optics, it has an 8MP front camera while back side houses 48MP (main), 2MP (macro) and 2MP (depth) cameras.
The Redmi Note 10 JE features in 4800mAh battery with 18W fast charging. It is said to offer up to 660 hours of standby time. Notably, the handset is compatible with FeliCa / Osaifu-Keitai contactless IC card technology.
Redmi Note 10 JE specifications
- Dimensions: 163 x 76 x 9.0 – 10.3 mm
- Weight: 200 grams
- SIM: Single Slot
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side), AI Face recognition
- Operating System: Android 11 based MIUI 12.5
- Water resistant: IPX8 / IP6X water and dust proof
- Display: 6.5-inch multi-touch IPS LCD display with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 90Hz refresh rate (adaptive sync), 360-degree ambient light sensor, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- Chipset: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G mobile platform
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB built-in, expandable up to 1TB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture, up to 1080p video at 30fps
- Rear cameras: Triple cameras with LED Flash
- 48MP main with F/1.79 Aperture
- 2MP macro lens with 4cm focus distance, F/2.4 Aperture
- 2MP depth camera with F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 4800mAh built-in with 18W fast charging support
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.1, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, 3.5mm audio jack (Hi-Res audio)
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, E-compass, IR, Vibration motor
The Redmi Note 10 JE will be exclusive at “AU” and “UQ Mobile” carriers in Japan. Sale date is slated for August 13th. Pricing details were not revealed. [source]