Sony has introduced new Xperia Series smartphone in Japan called Xperia ACE (SO-02L). It has Dual SIM slots and runs on Android 9.0 Pie OS.
The phone packs in 5-inch Full HD+ display at 18:9 aspect ratio and is powered by 2700 mAh non removable battery. Fast charging is also supported.
The Sony Xperia ACE specs include octa-core Snapdragon 630 SoC inside which is paired with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM which is further expandable using MicroSD card.
The smartphone also comes with IPX5 / IPX8 rating for water and dust resistance. Its side mounted fingerprint sensor allows fast unlocking. For selfies, it has 8MP shooter at the front while the back side houses a single 12MP snapper with AI Scene detection.
Sony Xperia Ace specifications
- Dimensions: 140 x 67 x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 154 grams
- Ratings: IPX5 / IPX8 (water and dust resistant)
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- SIM: Dual SIM slots
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side mounted)
- Display: 5-inch Liquid Crystal Luminous display with 2160 x 1080 pixels resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.2GH x 4 + 1.8GHz x4) Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB built-in, expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP back-illuminated CMOS Sony Exmor R sensor
- Rear cameras: 12MP with LED Flash, CMOS Sony Exmor R sensor, F/1.7 Aperture, 1.25um pixels, Hybrid Image Stabilization (OIS + EIS), AI Scene detection, 1080p video recording
- Battery: 2700 mAh (built-in) with fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-FI 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS, 3.5mm Audio Jack
The Sony Xperia ACE price is 48,600 Yen (US$ 445 / Rs. 31,200 approx.) and comes in White, Black and Purple colors. It will land in Japan at NTT DoCoMo from June 1, 2019.