Chinese company VIVO has unveiled its latest U1 Smartphone. It runs on Funtouch OS 4.5 and comes with rear facing fingerprint sensor. It also supports face unlock.
The Vivo U1 specs include 6.2-inch display which has water drop notch. It offers HD+ resolution at 19:9 aspect ratio and boasts 88.6% screen-to-body ratio. There is a 4030 mAh battery which powers the hardware.
At its core is an octa-core snapdragon 439 SoC. It comes in 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB internal memory options. Both variants allow further expansion as well.
The Vivo U1 features in 13MP primary rear camera with LED Flash and supports PDAF. There is a secondary 2MP rear shooter for portraits. For selfies there is an 8MP front facing shooter. Most of connectivity options are supported as well.
Vivo U1 Specifications
- Dimensions: 155.1 x 75.09 x 8.28 mm
- Weight: 163.5 grams
- SIM: Dual SIM slots
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo based Funtouch OS 4.5
- Unlocking: Fingerprint sensor (rear), face unlock
- Display: 6.2-inch multi-touch 2.5D curved glass display with 1520 x 720 pixels resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio, 88.6% screen-to body ratio
- Chipset: octa-core (1.9 5GHz A53 x 4 + 1.45GHz A53 x 4) Snapdragon 439 mobile platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB
- Storage: 32GB / 64GB built-in (depending on variant), Expandable up to 256GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP with AR Stickers, Face unlock
- Rear camera: 13MP (PDAF, AI)+ 2MP dual rear shooters with LED Flash
- Battery: 4030 mAh (Typical)
- Connectivity: dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth V5.0, GPS, 3.5mm Audio Jack
The VIVO U1 3GB/32GB variant costs 799 Yuan (US$ 117 / Rs. 8,430 approx.) while the U11 4GB/64GB model price is slightly higher at 1199 Yuan (US$ 175 / Rs. 12,650 approx.). The smartphone comes in Aurora Red, Purple and Midnight Black colors and is already available in China from company’s official online store.