Xiaomi expands its 12 Series lineup with the launch of Xiaomi 12 Lite smartphone.
The phone comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor and has support for face unlocking. It has dual SIM support with 5G and is powered by MIUI 13.
The Xiaomi 12 Lite feature a 6.55-inch AMOLED display that gives FHD+ resolution, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 950nits peak brightness and brings support for HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. The screen has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on top.
Powering its heart is an octa-core Snapdragon 778G chipset. Depending on model, it has 6GB or 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB or 256GB UFS 2.2 storage options.
The Xiaomi 12 Lite specs include a 4300mAh battery and supports 67W fast charging. It can go from 0 to 100% in just about 41 minutes and delivers up to 18 hours of video playback or 121 hours of music.
The 12 Lite has a 32MP front camera with dual-LED Flash. At the back side is a combo of 108MP main, 8MP ultra-wide and 2MP macro lenses.
The smartphone comes with dual speakers setup and supports Dolby Atmos. It has support for NFC as well.
Xiaomi 12 Lite specifications
- Dimensions: 159.3 x 73.7 x 7.29 mm
- Weight: 173 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Operating System: Android 12 based MIUI 13
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor, AI Face unlock
- Display: 6.55-inch AMOLED screen, 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 60Hz/120Hz Adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 100% DCI-P3 / sRGB colors, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, 500nits (typical) / 800nits (HBM) / up to 950nits (peak) brightness, ΔE ≈ 0.31, JNCD ≈ 0.26, 1920Hz PWM dimming, 402ppi pixel density, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 360-degree Ambient light sensor, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 778G mobile platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- RAM and Storage:
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 storage
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 2.2 storage
- Front camera: 32MP in-display with F/2.45 Aperture, 5P lens, dual-LED flash
- Rear cameras: Triple cameras with LED flash, 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 60fps, Slow motion 1080p at 120fps / 720p at 240fps and 960fps
- 108MP main with 1/1.52-inch Sensor, 6P lens
- 8MP ultra-wide with 120-degree FOV, F/2.2 Aperture
- 2MP macro with 4cm fixed focus distance, F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 4300mAh (typical) with 67W turbo charging (charger included in box)
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.2, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSS, NFC
- Audio: Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient Light, Acceleormeter, Gyroscope, E-Compass, Linear motor, IR blaster
The Xiaomi 12 Lite lite comes in Lite green, Lite Pink and Black colors. Its 6GB/128GB model is priced at $400, 8GB/12GB goes for $450 while top-end 8GB/256GB variant costs $500. The smartphone is already up for pre-order.