Xiaomi has announced its new Redmi Y Series smartphone called Redmi Y1. Interestingly, it is just a rebrand of Redmi Note 5A which was unveiled in China back in August.
The phone packs in an aluminum alloy frame with brushed metal-like finishing. It has fingerprint sensor placed at the back, which can unlock the mobile in just 0.3 seconds.
Unlike most smartphones now a days, Redmi Y1 comes with dual Nano SIM slots and a dedicated microSD card slot. It runs on Android 7.1.1 OS based MIUI 8 but is upgradable to MIUI 9 in future.
The XiaomI Redmi Y1 specs include 5.5-inch 720p display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It has an octa-core Snapdragon 435 SoC and is powered by 3000 mAH minimum battery..
The cell phone comes with 3GB / 4GB RAM coupled with 32GB / 64GB internal storage space (depending on variant). It also allows further expansion using MicroSD card.
The mobile features in a 16MP selfie camera with wide-angle lens coupled with 13MP primary shooter at the back with LED Flash. Most of connectivity options are supported as well.
- Dimensions: 153 x 76.2 x 7.7 mm / Weight: 153 grams
- Dual SIM slots (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS with MIUI8. Upgradable to MIUI 9
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 5.5-inch 2.5D glass display, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 450nits brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC Color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Protection, supports multi-touch
- 1.4GHz octa-core Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM / 32GB storage or 4GB RAM / 64GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB using MicroSD card
- 16MP front camera with F/2.0 Aperture, OmniVision sensor, 76.4-degree wide angle lens, Face recognition
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, F/2.2 Aperture, PDAF, HDR, Panorama, Face Recognition, Real time filters
- 3080 mAh (typical) / 3000 mAh (minimum) battery, talk time up to 32 hours, video up to 10 hours, gaming about 12 hours, navigation time of 15 hours, up to 75 hours of Audio, about 21 hours of reading and up to 10 days of standby.
- 4G VoLTE (Bands 1/3/4/5/7/820/38/40), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth V4.2, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, 3.5mm Audio jack
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient Light, Hall Sensor, e-Compass
The Xiaomi Redmi Y1 price starts at Rs. 8,999 for 3GB/32GB storage model and Rs. 10,999 for 4GB RAM / 64GB ROM variant. The handset will be available online exclusively at Amazon.in and Mi.com from November 8th. It comes in Dark Grey and Gold colors.