TCL-owned Alcatel has officially introduced its latest smartphone call Alcatel 5V. It packs in a 6.2-inch display with HD+ resolution at 19:9 aspect ratio and houses a notch.
The handset is 8.5 mm thick, weighs 158 grams and sports 3D curved glass like cover. It has Nano SIM slot and supports 4G LTE. A fingerprint sensor is placed at the back for security. Face unlock is also supported.
The Alcatel 5V specs include octa-core MediaTek MT6762 Helio P22 SoC and is paired with 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM (expandable). A decently powerful 4000 mAh battery powers the hardware.
The mobile features in 12MP + 2MP dual rear cameras with LED Flash and AI scene detection algorithms. At the front side is an 8MP shooter for selfies and video calling.
- Dimensions: 153.7 x 74.55 x 8.5 mm / Weight: 158 grams
- Fingerprint sensor (rear), Face unlock
- Android 8.1 Oreo OS
- 6.2-inch 2.5D Dragontrail glass display with 1500 x 720 pixels HD+ resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio, 88% screen-to-body ratio, 5-point multi-touch
- octa-core (2GHz A53 x 4 + 1.5GHz A53 x 4) MediaTek MT6762 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage space, expandable up to 128GB using MicroSD card
- 8MP front camera with 1/4-inch Sensor size, F/2.8 Aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 4P lens, EIS, Face Beautification, Fixed Focus
- 12MP primary rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, F/2.2 Aperture, 1/2.8-inch sensor size, 1.25μm pixels, 5P lens. 2MP secondary rear camera with F/2.24 Aperture, /1.5-inch sensor size, 1.75μm pixel size, 3P lens. Other features include PDAF AI Scene detection, EIS, real-time bokeh, HDR, time-lapse, 1080p video recording at 30fps
- 4000 mAh battery (charges in 2 hours 48 minutes). Up to 20 hours 2G talk time or 18 hours 3G talk time. Up to 550 hours 4G standby
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi HOtspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth V4.0, MicroUSB V2.0, GPS/A-GPS, FM Radio, 3.5mm Audio Jack, Dual Microphone for noise cancellation
- Proximity, Accelerometer, e-Compass, Light sensor, Gyro sensor
The Alcatel 5V price is set at $199.99 and will be available in select markets later this month. The device comes in spectrum black and spectrum blue colors.
Christian Gatti, Global President Alcatel Business Division and Executive Vice President TCL Communication said –
Alcatel 5V pushes the boundaries of what’s possible to provide customers worldwide even richer smartphone experiences and features catered to their needs. This latest addition to our Alcatel 5 Series shows our commitment to creating smartphones that pack a punch, with features previously only available at high-end prices.