Huami’s Amazfit brand as expected, has officially unveiled its latest Amazfit T-Rex rugged smartwatch.
The smartwatch is MIL-STD-810G rated and complies with 12 Military regulation certifications. It is touch and durable and can with stand extreme temperatures and alkaline situations, making it perfect for both snowfields or tropical jungles. The device also comes with 5ATM water resistant rating up to 50 meters.
Its touch durability is achieved through its clear cut enhanced design and its sturdy internal structure. The exterior of the watch body is precision filled with metal screws, clear layers and strong texture.
The Exterior of the watch body is convex, which effectively damps and protects key components. It has a large metal key to quickly find the operating position. Its Silicone strap is skin friend and comfortable and sports an inner sweat-conducting design.
The Amazfit T-Rex features in 1.3-inch AMOLED color display and comes with variety of fine watch dials. The screen has Gorilla Glass 3 tempered glass for additional durability. Its 390mAh battery offers a maximum of 66 days of usage. However, with continuous GPS tracking, expect usage time to be about 20 hours.
Talking about the GPS, the T-REX houses High-end Sony GPS chip and built-in dual-star precise positioning system. There are several in-depth optimizations for accurate positioning, even in buildings or wilderness.
The smartwatch comes with 14 built-in sports modes and can monitor several data like exercise, heart rate, exercise duration etc. There is a built-in BioTracker PPG optical heart rate sensor for 24 hours of heart beat tracking. Once connected with smartphones, users can get variety of notifications. It has functionality to check weather, call remainder, SMS remainder, mobile payments etc.
Huami Amazfit T-Rex Specifications
- Dimensions: 47.7 x 47.7 x 13.5 mm (bottom case to screen)
- Weight: 58 grams
- Ratings: 5ATM (water resistant up to 50 meters), MIL-STD-810G durability
- Body Materials: Polymer
- Compatibility: Android 5.0 and above or iOS 10.0 or above
- Display: 1.3-Inch AMOLED display with 360 x 360 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Tempered glass protection
- Connectivity: Bluetooth V5.0, GPS + GLONASS (for positioning)
- Battery: 390mAh Li-Po
- Charging Time: about 2 hours
- Daily use Mode: about 20 days of usage (will vary depending on the use)
- Basic watch mode: 66 days
- With continuous GPS: About 20 hours (depending on the use)
- Sensors: BioTracker PPG Bio Tracking Optical Sensor, 3-Axis Acceleration, Geomagnetic, Ambient Light
- Accessories: Magnetic Charging dock, Manual
The Amazfit T-Rex price is 799 Yuan (US$ 115 / Rs. 8290 approx.) and comes in Camouflage, Iwaguchi, Gun Ash, Khakhi and Army Green colors. It is already available in China.