Apple has officially announced its latest iPhone 13 Mini and iPhone 13 smartphones at its Keynote. Both of these Product Red, Starlight, Midnight, Blue and Pink colors.
Apple iPhone 13 Mini / iPhone 13 specifications and features
The Apple iPhone 13 Mini measures 131.5 x 64.2 x 7.65 mm and weighs about 141 grams. It has 5.4-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution and 476ppi pixel density.
The Apple iPhone 13 has dimensions of 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.65 mm and has weight of 174 grams. It has a larger 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR all-screen OLED display with 2532 x 1170 pixels resolution and 460ppi pixel density.
Both of these have HDR True Tone display with P3 wide colors and supports Haptic touch. These offer 2000000:1 contrast ratio (typ), 800nits (max) brightness (typ) / 1200nits (max) brightness (HDR) and houses Fingerprint resistant Oleophobic coating.
The iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 Mini feature A15 Bionic chip. It has 6-core CPU with 2 performance and 4 efficiency cores. The SoC also includes 4-core GPU and 16-core Neural Engine. These come in 128GB / 256GB / 512Gb storage options.
At the back side of these mobiles are dual 12MP shooters. Its primary 12MP wide-angle with 100% Pixel Focus camera has F/1.6 Aperture while its secondary 12MP ultra-wide shooter has 120° field of view.
These support 2X optical zoom, up to 5X digital zoom, Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control, Sensor‑shift optical image stabilization (Wide), even‑element lens (Wide), five‑element lens (Ultra Wide), Panorama (up to 63MP)and Smart HDR 4. These have Cinematic mode for recording videos at shallow depth of field (1080p at 30fps) and HDR Video with Dolby Vision (up to 4K at 60fps).
At the front side is 12MP TrueDepth camera with F/2.2 Aperture. It supports 4K at up to 60fps, HDR video with Dolby Vision (1080p at 30fps), Slo-Mo 1080p at 120fps and Lens correction. Facial recognition is present.
Both iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini have 5G and 4G VoLTE support. They have Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth V5.0, ultra-wideband chip for spatial awarness, NFC with reader mode and express Cards with power reserve. For positioning, these have built-in GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/QZSS/Beidou.
Their built-in Lithium-ion rechargeable battery support MagSafe Wireless charging up to 15W, Qi Wireless charging up to 7.5 W and Fast charging (up to 50% in 30 minutes with 20W adapter or higher) (available separately). These run on iOS 15 and includes Face ID, Barometer, 3-axis Gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity and Ambient light sensors. These devices come with dual SIM support (nano + eSIM).
- iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini will be available in pink, blue, midnight, starlight, and (PRODUCT)RED in a new entry-level capacity of 128GB for double the storage, as well as 256GB and 512GB capacities.
- Customers in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, India, Japan, the UK, the US, and more than 30 other countries and regions will be able to pre-order iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini beginning at 5 a.m. PDT on Friday, September 17, with availability beginning Friday, September 24.
- Both models will be available in Turkey beginning Friday, October 1, and in Malaysia, Mexico, South Korea, Thailand, and nearly 10 other countries and regions beginning Friday, October 8.
- Customers can get iPhone 13 for $33.29 (US) a month for 24 months or $799 (US) before trade-in, and iPhone 13 mini for $29.12 (US) a month for 24 months or $699 (US) before trade-in from apple.com/store, in the Apple Store app, and at Apple Store locations.
- iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini are also available through Apple Authorized Resellers and select carriers.
- Customers in the US can get ready for iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini pre-orders until 9 p.m. PDT on Thursday, September 16, by visiting apple.com/store or using the Apple Store app. They can choose to pay monthly or in full, add a trade-in credit toward their new product, or upgrade through the iPhone Upgrade Program.
- iOS 15 will be available as a free software update Monday, September 20.
- The new iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe supports Find My, enabling users to be notified of its last known location if it becomes detached from iPhone. iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe joins new MagSafe cases in leather and silicone, as well as a clear case with MagSafe, that are available to order today.
- Customers can save up to $700 (US) on iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini after trade-in directly from the Apple Store online or at an Apple Store when they activate it with AT&T, T-Mobile/Sprint, or Verizon. Terms apply. For eligibility requirements and more details see apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/carrier-offers. Pricing for iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini includes a $30 (US) carrier instant discount that requires carrier activation.
- Price in India
- iPhone 13 mini 128GB– Rs. 69,900
- iPhone 13 mini 256GB– Rs. 79,900
- iPhone 13 mini 512GB – Rs. 99,900
- iPhone 13 128GB – Rs. 79,900
- iPhone 13 256GB – Rs. 89,900
- iPhone 13 512GB – Rs. 1,09,900