Apple has announced iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus along with iPhone X. They come in 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch Retina display size.
Both of these smartphones are made from aluminum and sports a glass on the back. Both of them support QI Wireless charging as well. They are powered by 6-core A11 Bionic 64-bit chip and a three-core GPU.
The iPhone 8 comes with a single 12MP shooter while the iPhone 8 Plus sports dual rear cameras. These dual snappers uses Apple-designed image signal processor to recognise scene, create a depth map and separate subject from background.
Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus specifications
- iPhone 8: 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm / Weight: 148 grams
- iPhone 8 Plus: 158.4 x 78.1 x 7.5 mm / Weight: 202 grams
- IP67 rating for water / dust resistance
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor, Stereo speakers
- iOS 11 (will be available as an upgrade soon)
- Display: Both of them have True Tone Display, Wide Color Display (P3), 625nit brightness, dual-domain pixels for video viewing, oleophobic coating for fingerprint resistance.
- iPhone 8: 4.7-inch IPS LCD Display with 1334 x 750 pixels resolution, 1400:1 contrast ratio, 326ppi pixel density
- iPhone 8 Plus: 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, 401ppi pixel density, 1300:i contrast ratio
- A11 Bionic chip (64-bit Hexa-Core architecture), Neural Engine, Embedded M11 motion co-processor, 3-Core A11 GPU
- 64GB / 256GB storage options (non expandable)
- 7MP front TrueDepth Camera, Retina Flash, F/2.2 Aperture, Backside illumination sensor, Auto Image Stabilization, Animoji, Portrait Mode with Portrait Lighting (beta)
- Rear Camera: Both of them have Sapphire crystal lens cover, Hybrid IR filter, Auto Focus with Focus pixels, Live Photos with stabilization, 6-element lens, optical image stabilization, Portrait mode4K/1080/720p video recording, OIS for Videos, Slo-Mo 1080p at 120 / 240 fps etc.
- iPhone 8: 12MP single camera with F/1.8 Aperture, 5X digital Zoom
- Dual Rear Cameras: 12MP wide angle with F/1.8 Aperture + 12MP Tepephoto with F/2.8 Aperture. quad-LED Ture Tone FLash with Slow Sync, Optical Zoom, up to 10X digital Zoom,
- Battery: Both of them have built-in rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery. Supports Wireless Charging as well. Fast charging capabilities going up to 50% in 30
- iPhone 8: Talk time up to 14 hours, internet usage up to 12 hours, Video playback up to 13 hours and Audio up to 40 hours.
- iPhone 8 Plus: Talk time up to 21 hours, internet usage up to 13 hours, Video playback up to 14 hours and Audio up to 60 hours.
- Three-Axis Gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light sensor
- 4G VoLTE (supports most bands) (Nano SIM), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Hotpsot, MIMO, Bluetooth V5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/QZSS, Digital Compass, iBeacon Microlocation, Wi-Fi calling, SIRI
The Apple iPhone 8 price starts at $699 (Rs. 44,750) for 64GB variant and $849 (Rs. 54,350) for 256GB storage model. The iPhone 8 Plus price starts at US$ 799 (Rs. 51,150 for 64GB variant and $949 (US$ 60,750) for 256GB model.