Apple has just announced iPhone X, also referred to as iPhone 10. It is so intelligent that it can respond to a tap, voice or even a glance.
It has 5.8-inch all screen Super Retina Display (2436 x 1125 pixels) and comes with 3D touch.. It has fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating as well.
Despite of the phone being full screen, it is IP67 rated for water and dust resistance. The iPhone X is 7.7 mm thick and weighs about 174 grams. It houses a durable glass on the front and back and a surgical-grad stainless steel frame.
Under the hood is an A11 Bionic Chip with 64-bit Architecture and Neural Engine. The A11 Bionic Chip is more than capable of doing up to 600 billion operations per second. It is said to be 70% faster than A10 Fusion. It is an hexa-core chipset with 2 performance cores (25% faster). The new Apple-designe three-core GPU is 30% faster than A10 Fusion.
The smartphone comes in 64GB and 256GB storage options. The battery inside is said to offer 2 hours more life than its predecessor. Wireless charging is also supported.
The Apple iPhone X specs include 12MP dual cameras with Quad-LED true tone flashes. One is a Wide angle camera with F/1.8 aperture while the second one houses a telephoto lens with F/2.4 Aperture. Both the rear cameras have Dual OIS and fast lens that allows one to capture outstanding photos. A 7MP camera sits at the front with BIS sensor and F/2.2 Aperture.
There is no physical home button in iPhone X. You can simply swipe up from bottom to go home. The Face ID recognition provides added security. It can quick unlock the smartphone, authenticate and pay as well.
The Face ID uses TrueDepth camera which projects more than 30000 invisible dots to create a map of your case. It is compatible with Apple Pay as well.
Apple iPhone X specifications
- Dimensions: 143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7 mm / Weight: 174 grams
- IP67 rating for water / dust resistance
- iOS 11 (will be available as an upgrade soon)
- Face ID (uses TrueDepth Camera for facial recognition), Supports Apple Pay
- 5.8-inch all-screen OLED display, Super Retina HD display, 2436 x 1125 pixels resolution, 458ppi pixel density, True Tone HDR display, 3D touch. 625nits brightness, supports multi-touch, Fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating
- A11 Bionic chip (64-bit Hexa-Core architecture), Neural Engine, Embedded M11 motion co-processor, 3-Core A11 GPU
- 64GB / 256GB storage options (non expandable)
- 7MP front TrueDepth Camera, Retina Flash, F/2.2 Aperture, Backside illumination sensor, Auto Image Stabilization, Animoji, Portrait Mode with Portrait Lighting (beta)
- Dual Rear Cameras: 12MP wide angle with F/1.8 Aperture + 12MP Tepephoto with F/2.4 Aperture. quad-LED Ture Tone FLash with Slow Sync, Optical Zoom, up to 10X digital Zoom, Sapphire crystal lens cover, Hybrid IR filter, Auto Focus with Focus pixels, Live Photos with stabilization, 6-element lens, dual optical image stabilization, Portrait mode, Portrait Lighting (beta), 4K/1080/720p video recording, OIS for Videos, Slo-Mo 1080p at 120 / 240 fps etc.
- Battery life improved by 2 hours (when compared to iPhone 7), allows talk time up to 21 hours, internet usage up to 12 hours, Video playback up to 13 hours and Audio up to 60 hours. Fast charging capabilities going up to 50% in 30 minutes. Supports Wireless Charging as well.
- Face ID, Barometer, Three-Axis Gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light sensor
- 4G VoLTE (supports most bands) (Nano SIM), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Hotpsot, MIMO, Bluetooth V5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/QZSS, Digital Compass, iBeacon Microlocation, Wi-Fi calling, SIRI
The Apple iPhone X price starts at $999 for 64GB variant and $1149 for 256GB storage model. It comes in Silver and Space Gray colors. Pre-orders for the phone starts on Friday (on October 27 in several markets) and will go on sale from November 3, 2017.