Apple has just announced its latest flagship phones called iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max at an event. Both of them pack come with Dual SIM connectivity with Dual Standby.
They come with iOS 12and are IP68 rated for water and dust resistance. The Apple iPhone XS features in 5.8-inch display while the XS Max comes with 6.5-inch screen, both OLED panels.
They come with six-core A12 Bionic processor with four core GPU and M12 motion co-processor. Both of them come with enhanced battery life, a notable improvement from its predecessor.
The Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max specs in 7MP front facing camera along with 12MP + 12MP dual cameras at the back with quad LED flash. As you might expect from Apple, all connectivity options are supported as well.
Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Specifications
- Color: Gold, Space Gray, Silver
- XS: 143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7 mm / Weight: 177 grams
- XS Max: 157.5 x 77.4 x 7.7 mm / Weight: 208 grams
- SIM: Dual SIM with Dual Standby (Secondary e-SIMfor select carriers, Physical SIM in China)
- Water / Dust Resistant: Yes, IP68 rated (maximum depths of up to 2 meters and for up to 30 minutes)
- OS: iOS 12
- XS: 5.8-inch all-screen OLED HDR multi-touch True tone display with 2436 x 1125 pixels resolution, 458ppi pixel density, 1000000:1 contrast ratio (typical), 625nits brightness, fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating
- XS Max: 6.5-inch all-screen OLED HDR True tone multi-touch display with 2688 x 1242 pixels resolution, 458ppi pixel density, 1000000:1 contrast ratio, 625nits brightness, fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating
- Chipset: Six core 64-bit A12 Bionic 7nm processor with quad-core GPU, M12 motion co-processor
- Storage: 64GB / 256GB / 512GB options
- Front Camera: 7MP true depth front camera with F/2.2 Aperture, Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and depth control, Animoji and Memoji, Extended Dynamic Range for Video at 30fps, Smart HDR for photos, BIS Sensor, Auto Image Stabilization, Cinematic video stabilization (1080p and 720p), 1080p video recording at 30fps or 60fps, Retina Flash
- Rear Camera: 12MP (F/1.8 wide-angle) + 12MP (F/2.4 telephoto) dual rear cameras with Quad LED true tone flash, 2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom, Six-Element lens, Dual optical image stabilization, Six-element lens, BIS sensor, Sapphire cyrstal lens cover, Auto focus with Focus pixels, Tap to focus with Focus Pixels, Smart HDR, Local tone mapping, Advanced red-eye correction, up to 63MP panaroma, Auto Image stabilization, Exposure control, 4K video recording at 24fps / 30fps / 60 fps, 1080 at 30 fps / 60 fps, 720p at 30fps, Optical image stabilization for videos, Slo-mo video 1080p at 120 fps / 240 fps, Time Lapse video with stabilization
- Face ID: TrueDepth camera for facial recognition
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery with Wireless charging (works with Qi chargers)
- XS: Offers 30 minutes longer than iPhone X, up to 20 hours talk time, up to 12 hours internet, up to 14 hours video playback, up to 60 hours audio, Fast charging (up to 50% in 30 minutes)
- XS Max: Offers 1.5 Hours longer than iPhone X, up to 25 hours talk time, up to 13hours internet, up to 15 hours video playback, up to 65 hours audio, Fast charging (up to 50% in 30 minutes)
- Sensors: Face ID, Ambient Light, Proximity, Accelerometer, 3-axis Gyro, Barometer
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, 2 x 2 MIMO, Gigabit-class LTE with 4×4 MIMO and LAA, Wi-Fi calling, Bluetooth V5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS/GLONASS/Balileo, QZSS
Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max price and availability
- iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max will be available in 64GB, 256GB and 512GB capacity models in space gray, silver and a new gold finish starting at $999 (US) and $1,099, respectively, from apple.com, in the Apple Store app and Apple Stores, and is also available through Apple Authorized Resellers and select carriers (prices may vary).
- Through Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Program, customers in the US can get iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max with the protection of AppleCare+, choose their carrier (no multiyear service contract required) and have the opportunity to upgrade to a new iPhone every year. The iPhone Upgrade Program is available for iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max at apple.com and Apple Stores in the US with monthly payments starting at $49.91 and $54.08, respectively. iPhone Upgrade Program customers can get the prep work done before iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max pre-order with the Apple Store app until 4PM PDT on Thursday, September 13.
- Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max beginning Friday, September 14, with availability beginning Friday, September 21, in more than 30 countries and territories including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UAE, UK, US and US Virgin Islands.
- iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max will be available in more than 25 countries and territories including Andorra, Armenia, Bahrain, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, India, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Monaco, Oman, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia and South Africa beginning Friday, September 28.
- Apple-designed accessories including leather and silicone cases in a range of colors will be available starting at $39 (US), while the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max Leather Folio will be available starting at $99 (US).
- With Apple GiveBack, customers in the US can trade in their eligible device for an Apple Store Gift Card or a refund on their purchase. If their device isn’t eligible for credit, Apple will recycle it for free.