Apple has just unveiled its new iPad (9th generation) at its Keynote event. It offers more performance and all-day battery life. It is up for order starting today at Apple.com and will go on sale at stores starting September 24th.
Apple iPad 9th Generation features and specs
The new iPad 9th Gen feature a 10.2-inch True Tone Retina display and houses upgraded ambient light sensor inside. Its new sensor adjusts screen content to color temperature of room and makes images more natural.
The 9th Gen 10.2-inch iPad has support for Apple Pencil (1st Generation) and Smart Keyboard. It has a powerful A13 Bionic Chip inside which delivers 20% performance boost over its predecessor. It has neural Engine in A13 Bionic that offers next level machine learning capabilities.
The iPad runs on iPadOS 15 that offers intuitive multi-tasking, new widget layouts on home screen and App library and better Quick Note functionality. It has new Translate App for making conversations easier. It has auto translate face-to-face view feature as well. The new iPadOS 15 has Live Text that uses on-device intelligence to recognize text in photo. FOCUS automatically filters notification based on user activity.
The new iPad 9th Gen storage starts from 64GB and goes up to 256GB. It has 100% recycled aluminum enclosure, 100% recycled tin in the solder of main logic board and 100% recycled rare earth elements.
Apple has placed a new 12MP ultra-wide front camera and Neural Engine. It has Center Stage that automatically pans the camera when user moves. The new iPad 9th Generation comes in Wi-Fi only and Cellular models.
Apple iPad 9th Generation specifications
- Storage: 64GB / 256GB
- Dimensions: 250.6 x 174.1 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 487 grams (Wi-Fi) / 498 grams (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
- Display: 10.2-inch LED Backlit Multi-touch IPS display with 2160 x 1620 pixels resolution, 264ppi pixel density, True, Tone, 500nits brightness, Fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating, supports 1st Gen Apple Pencil
- Chipset: A13 Bionic 64-bit Chip with Neural Engine
- Front camera: 12MP Ultra-wide with 122-degree FOV, F/2.4 Aperture, HDR for photos 1080p at 60fps, Time-laps video stabilziation, extended dynamic range for videos up to 30fps, Cinematic video stabilization (1080p/720p), Lens correction, Retina Flash, Auto Image stabilization
- Rear camera: 8MP wide-camera with F/2.4 Aperture, up to 5X digital zoom, 5-element lens, Panorama (up to 43MP), HDR for photos, Auto Image stabilization, 1080p at 30 fps, 3x video zoom, slo-mo video 720p at 120fps, Time-lapse video stabilization, video image stabilization, cinematic video stabilization (1080p/720p), continuous Auto Focus video
- Audio: Stereo speakers, Dual Microphones
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth V4.2, Gigabit-class LE (Wi-Fi + Cellular), GPS/GNSS (Cellular model)
- SIM: Nano-SIM (Supports Apple SIM ) / eSIM
- Sensors: Touch ID, 3-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Barometer, Ambient light
- Battery: 32.4Wh rechargeable Lithium-polymer batter
- Wi-Fi: Up to 10 hours of Web surfing or watching video
- Cellular: Up to 9 hours of web surfing using cellular data
- Operating system: iPadOS 15
- The new iPad is available to order beginning today on apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app in 28 countries and regions, including the US, with availability beginning Friday, September 24.
- Wi-Fi models of iPad are available with a starting price of $329 (US), and Wi-Fi + Cellular models start at $459 (US), in silver and space gray finishes. The new iPad starts with 64GB of storage — double the storage of the previous generation. A 256GB option is available.
- Apple Pencil (1st generation), available for purchase separately, is compatible with iPad (9th generation) for $99 (US).
- Smart Keyboard for iPad is available for purchase separately for $159 (US) with layouts for over 30 languages, including simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish.
- Smart Cover for iPad is available for $49 (US) in black, white, and English lavender.
- Customers can buy any Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad model directly from apple.com/store or at an Apple Store and get up to $200 (US) back from T-Mobile/Sprint or Verizon with activation. Terms apply. For eligibility requirements and more details see apple.com/shop/buy-ipad. Customers can also trade in their current iPad and get credit toward a new one.
- Price in India:
- new iPad 64GB Wi-Fi: Rs. 30,900
- new iPad 256GB Wi-Fi: Rs. 44,900
- new iPad 64GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: Rs. 42,900
- new iPad 256GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: Rs. 56,900
- Apple Pencil 1st Generation: Rs. 8,500
- Smart Keyboard for iPad: Rs. 13,900