Cupertino tech giant Apple has just announced its latest 3rd Generation Airpods. The earbuds come with new contoured design, advanced features and offers spatial audio.
The new Apple AirPods 3rd Gen feature H1 Chip with an Apple-designed acoustic system and uses computational audio to deliver breakthrough sound with Adaptive EQ. It delivers spatial audio and supports Dolby Atmos in Apple music, movies, TV Shows etc. It creates 3d theater like experience placing sound any where in space.
The earphones leverages advanced spatial audio algorithms that apply directional audio filters to subtly adjust frequencies, that each ear receives. It has one-touch setup that automatically pairs 3rd Gen Airpods with other apple devices.
It has new skin-detect sensor that can detect when Airpods are on ear or in pockets or table. The earbuds automatically pauses playback when removed.
The new third Generation Airpods is water and sweat resistant and sports IPX4 rating for both earbuds and casing. The earbuds stem is shorter than previous generation and features in force sensor for easy access to music and phone calls.
It has custom driver and high dynamic range amplifier that produces powerful bass with crisp, clean high frequencies. Its beamforming microphone is covered with Acoustic mesh that reduces wind noise. The Airpods have AAC-ELD, a superior speech codec for full HD voice quality.
The AirPods (3rd generation) offers total of 6 hours of listening time or up to 4 hours of talk time on single charge. With just 5 minutes of fast charging, one can get about an hour of battery life. Its charging case offers four additional charges, making total usage time of up to 30 hours. AirPods are now also part of the MagSafe ecosystem for convenient wireless charging.
- AirPods (3rd generation) will be available for $179 (US) and are available to order from apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app in the US and more than 26 other countries and regions starting today, with availability in stores beginning Tuesday, October 26.
- AirPods (2nd generation) will be available at the new price of $129 (US).
- AirPods Pro now come with MagSafe Charging Case for the same price of $249 (US).
- With the Apple Music Voice Plan, users can enjoy millions of songs, playlists, and stations in the Apple Music catalog through Siri. The Apple Music Voice Plan will be available later this fall in select countries and regions for $4.99 (US) per month.
- New subscribers can get Apple Music free for six months with the purchase of any AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max.
- AirPods require Apple devices running iOS 15.1, iPadOS 15.1, watchOS 8.1, tvOS 15.1, or macOS Monterey, all available as free software updates next week.
- Customers can add personal engraving with emoji, text, and numbers to cases for AirPods Pro, AirPods (3rd generation), and AirPods (2nd generation) for free on apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app.