The Apple Watch 3 supports an electronic SIM and will share the same phone number as your iPhone. The Cellular model will also allow one to make / receive calls, messages and must more.
It runs on WatchOS 4, which is latest software from the company. It not only bring improvements to SIRI but also add several new features. It has improved health tracking functions, new watch faces, better SIRI recommendations and much more.
The Heart Rate app has also been updated to offer even better heart rate insights. It can even measure during resting, workout, walking, recovery and Breathing sessions. You can also stream 40 million plus from Apple audio on your wrist.
- 38mm Casing: 38.6 x 33.3 x 11.4 mm / Weight: 26.7 grams (GPS) / 28.7 grams (GPS + Cellular)
- 42mm Casing: 42.5 x 36.4 x 11.4 mm / Weight: 32.3 grams (GPS) / 34.9 grams (GPS + Cellular)
- WatchOS 4
- Silver aluminium casing, ion-X strengthened glass and Composite (GPS only) / Ceramic (GPS + Cellular) back
- Water resistant up to 50 meters
- Built-in GPS and GLONASS
- Faster Dual-Core processor with 70% improved performance
- W2 Wireless Chip for 85% faster Wi-Fi Performance and 50% better Bluetooth efficiency
- 8GB Storage (GPS only) / 16GB Storage capacity (GPS + Cellular)
- Barometric Altimeter, Heart Rate Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth V4.2
- Up to 18 hours of battery life
The Apple Watch Series 3 price starts at US$ 329 for GPS only model and US$ 399 for GPS + Cellular variant. Pre-orders for the Apple Watch 3 starts on September 15th and will go on sale from September 22nd. It comes in Dark Gray and Blush Gold colors with multiple strap options.
P.S.: Apple Watch Series 1 price has been reduced to US$ 249 while the Series 2 is obsolete.