ASUS has unveiled its latest VY series monitors with models VY249HE and VY279HE. These come embedded with antibacterial treatment and upgraded Eye Care Plus technology.
The ASUS VY249HE and VY279HE Eye Care monitors share several specifications. The former houses a 23.8-inch IPS display while the lattery comes with 27-inch Screen size. These offer 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution at 75Hz refresh rate, 1ms Moving Picture Response Time (MPRT) and AMD FreeSync technology.
Both of these monitors have also passed ISO 22196: 2011 JIS Z 2801 certification, and each model features TÜV Rheinland‑certified Blue Light Filter and Flicker Free technology.
The VY249He and VY279HE features in improved ASUS Eye Care Plus technology which reduces the risk of Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS). The ASUS Flicker free technology reduces instances of on-screen flickers while its rest reminder gives pop-up notifications, reminding uses to take breaks.
The Eye Care Plus technology includes Color Augmentation which helps users with color-vision deficiency differentiate colors more easily.
ASUS VY249HE and VY279HE Specifications
- Dimensions and Weight:
- VY249HE: 541 x 393 x 185 mm / 3.38 Kg
- VY279HE: 613.34 x 435.6 x 201.7 mm / 4.21 Kg
- Wall mounting: 100 x 100 mm
- Mechanical: Tilt: +23° ~ -5°
- VY249HE: 23.8-inch (60.5 cm) IPS wide-display
- VY279HE: 27-inch (68.6 cm) IPS wide display
- Both with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio, 250nits (max) brightness, 178-degree wide-viewing-angles, 1ms (MPRT) response time, 75Hz refresh rate, Color Augmentation, Reset reminder
- Eye Care Features: Low Blue Light, Flicker Free, Eye Check, Propretary Antibacterial treatment, Free Sync
- Exclusive Features: GamePlus, Shadow Boost, Motion Sync
- I/O Ports: HDMI V1.4, VGA, Earphone jack
The ASUS VY24HE monitor is priced at $109 (USD) and will be available in North America in December 2020. The ASUS VY279HE monitor will be available in North America in December 2020 as well however, pricing details were not revealed.