ASUS took the center stage at Valencia, Spain, where it has just announced its latest Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL) flagship smartphone.
The phone is specially designed keeping users in mind. On the right side of the phone is a dedicated key for Google Assistant. This Smart Key is also customizable the launch custom apps or functions.
The ASUS Zenfone 6 features in 48MP and 13MP dual shooters at the back along with LED Flash. These are placed inside a unique module which flips, which makes rear shooters act as selfie cameras. Company is calling the feat as Flip camera.
The Flip camera module is made up fop 32 signal cables and 17 power cables (via 2mm diameter holes). It also houses Gravitational sensor, Gyro sensor, Camera Sensor, Hall Sensor and Upper Speaker to make the mechanism work. ASUS made a new motor which has 13 gears and 2x torque. A full 180-degree flip takes just 1 second says Asus.
If you are worried about durability of this Asus Zenfone 6 flip camera than worry not. Company has confirmed that it has Liquid Metal construction for camera housing. The G sensor inside the module retracts the module when it senses phone falling. Additionally, the module has been tested with 100000 flips, which states to 28 selfies per day, everyday for 5 years.
The ASUS Zenfone 6 specs include 6.4-inch multi-touch (supports Glove touch) display with Full HD+ resolution. It has an octa-core Snapdragon 855 SoC with 6GB RAM with 64GB/128GB storage options. There is a premium 8GB RAM with 256GB storage model as well.
Its 5000mAh battery is very powerful and to top it all, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging is also supported. Accorrding to statistics, Zenfone 6 can last up to 2 days or up to 26 days on 4G standby. A fully charged battery offers 33.3 hours 3G Talk time or up to 21 hours Wi-Fi web-browsing.
ASUS Zenfone 6 Specifications
- Dimensions: 158.94 x 75.58 x 9 ~ 9.6 mm
- Weight: 195 years
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM slots + MicroSD card slot
- Biometrics: Fingerprint Sensor (rear)
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie with ZenUI 6.0 (Upgradable to Android Q and Android R)
- Display: 6.4-inch IPS display with 2340 x 1080 pixels Full HD+ resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 600nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 Color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.84GHz Kryo 485 x 1 + 2.42GHz Kryo 485 x 3 + 1.8GHz Kryo 485 x 4) Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU and 4th Generation Qualcomm AI Engine
- RAM and Storage: 6GB (LPDDR4X) RAM with 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) storage options, 8GB (LPDDR4X) with 256GB storage (UFS 2.1)
- Front Camera: Not Present. (rear camera module flips to act as seflie shooters)
- Rear Cameras: 48MP (Sony IMX 586 sensor, Quad Bayer technology, 2×1 OCL PDAF, Laser AF, 1.6um pixels, F/1.79 Aperture, 79-degree FOV, 6P Lens) + 13MP (125-degree ultra-wide FOV)
- Battery: 5000 mAh with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging
- Audio: 5 Magnet Stereo speakers with NXP TFA9874 Smart Amp, Hi-Res Audio (192KHz/24bit), DTS Headphone X Virtual Surround 7.1, Audio Wizard, Dual Microphone
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSSv, NFC, FM Radio, 3.5mm Audio Jack
The ASUS Zenfone 6 6GB/64GB model price is €499 (US$ 558 / Rs. 39,090 approx.) while the 6GB/128GB variant costs €559 (US$ 625 / Rs. 43,790 approx.). The premium ZenFone 6 8GB/256GB variant carries price-tag of €599 (US$ 669 / Rs. 46,930). It comes in Midnight Black and Twilight Silver colors. The handset is already available at ASUS eShop Now and will start shipping from May 25th.