Xiaomi’s gaming sub-brand has just launched its latest gaming smartphone called Black Shark. It comes with true liquid cooling which brings down CPU temperature straight down to 8-degree C.
There is a dedicated one-touch SHARK key for enhanced gaming experience. A fingerprint sensor is placed at the front which supports Alipay / Wechat pay. It can also be used for quick access to several features like DND or silent mode when gaming.
It has unique X-Style antenna design to eliminate signal issues when the smartphone is held vertically or horizontally. Additionally, there a dedicated image processing chip from Pixelworks. It not only offers image enhancements but also Intelligent motion compensation, dark scene detail processing, smooth video etc.
The Black Shark specs include 5.99-inch FHD+ display and is powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC. It comes in 6GB / 8GB RAM options with 64GB / 128GB UFS 2.1 storage respectively. It is powered by 4000 mAh typical battery.
The mobile features in powerful 20MP front camera with F/2.2 Aperture for selfies. It can even record 4K videos. There are 12MP + 2MP dual rear cameras at the back with dual-tone LED Flash. Most of the connectivity options including 4G VoLTE are supported.
Moreover, company also introduced detachable Gamepad (Model H66) which easily attaches to the side of the phone. It uses Bluetooth V4.0 to connect and is compatible with devices running on Android 4.4 OS or higher. It has 150 mAh battery that offers about 30 hours of usage.
- Dimensions: 161.6 x 75.4 x 9.25mm (5.1mm side thickness) / Weight: 190 grams
- Dual Nano SIM slots
- Android 8.1 Oreo OS
- Fingerprint sensor (Supports Alipay / WeChat fingerprint payment)
- True Liquid Cooling: Multi-stage direct contact integrated liquid cooling system
- 5.99-inch 2.5D curved glass display with 2160 x 1080 pixels resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 550 nits brightness, DCI-P3 Color, 97% color gamut, 403ppi pixel density, 1500:1 typical contrast ratio
- 2.8GHz octa-core Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- Comes with independent MEMC Intelligent Motion Compensation Technology, Image Enhancement : Dynamic Range Enhancement Technology
- 6GB LPDDR4X dual Channel RAM with 64GB UFS 2.1 storage / 8GB LPDDR4X Dual Channel RAM with 128GB UFS2.1 fuselage storage
- 20MP front camera with F/2.2 Aperture, 5P Lens, 1µm pixel size (4-in-1), supports pre-soft light, 4K/1080/720p video capture at 30fps
- 12MP (1.25µm pixel size) + 20MP (1µm pixel size) Dual Rear cameras with dual-color LED Flash. Both of them have F/1.75 large aperture, 6P Lens, dark light enhancement technology, PDAF, HDR, Portrait mode, 4K video capture
- 4000 mAh (typical) / 3900 mAh (minimum) built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support. Comes with 18W charge, USB Type-C double sided charging interface
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) MU 2×2 MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display, Bluetooth V5.0 (Apt-X), GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C etc.
- Dual Smart PA / Fi-Fi BISO sound
- Gyro, Geomagnetic sensor, Gravity Sensor, Distance sensor, Ambient Light
The Black Shark price starts at 2999 Yuan (US$ 480 / Rs. 31,160 approx.) for 6GB RAM / 64GB storage model. The Black Shark high end model price and goes up to 3499 Yuan (US$ 560 / Rs. 36,380 approx.) for 8GB RAM / 128GB storage variant. It’s gaming handle costs 179 Yuan (US$ 30 / Rs. 1,860 approx.) (first 50,000 buyers get it for free). It will go on sale starting today itself. The handset comes in Sky Gray and Polar Night colors.