CAT a brand famous for its heavy duty machine and construction, who is also into rugged smartphone market has unveiled its latest CAT S32 smartphone. It is a rugged mobile powered by Android 10 OS. It complies with MIL-STD-810G durability standards and is IP68 rated for water and dust resistance.
The CAT S32 specs include 5.5-inch multi-touch HD+ display with Dragontrail glass protection. The screen’s tech allows touch to work with wet hands and gloves. The chipset inside a quad-core MediaTek A20 SoC paired with 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM. The handset supports MicroSD card up to 128GB. A 4200mAh battery with fast charging support is included.
The CAT S32 features in a single 13MP auto focus shooter at the back with LED Flash. Video conference is possible thanks to its 5MP selfie camera. Most of the connectivity options including 4G VoLTE is supported.
CAT S32 specifications
- SIM: Single / Dual Nano SIM options
- Design Features: Programmable Key with PTT Mode, Physical Power and Volume keys, non-slip rubberized TPU back, LED notification
- Ratings: MIL-STD-810G, IP68 (sand / dust / dirt resistant), Water proof up to 1.5 meter for 35 minutes, survive up to 1.8M (6ft) drop onto steel
- Operating System: Android 10
- Display: 5.5-inch super bright IPS LCD display with 1440 x 720 pixels HD+ resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, Wet finger / Glove on working technolgoy, Dragontrail Pro glass
- Chipset: Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A20 (MT6761D)processor
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB built-in, expandable up to 128GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 5MP
- Rear camera: 13MP with LED Flash, F/2.0 Aperture, PDAF
- Battery: 4200mAh Lithium-Ion (non removable) with fast charging supoprt
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, MicroUSB V2.0, USB OTG, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou, FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack (waterproof)
- Sensors: e-Compass, Ambient Light, Proximity, Accelerometer
The CAT S32 price is €299 (US$ 332 / Rs. 23,740 approx.) and will be available at company’s official site, multiple retailers and operators soon.