Fitbit has officially unveiled its latest fitness tracker called Charge 3. It comes with classic wristbands (both small and large) and charging cable. Company has also introduced Charge 3 Special Edition which includs additional woven or Sport wristband (both small & medium) and comes with NFC chip for Fitbit pay.
The device is water resistant up to 50 meters and can automatically track your swim. It is made from premium yet light weight materials. The Fitbit Charge 3 casing is made from aerospace grade aluminum. It is also first wearable with an inductive button.
It comes with 24/7 PurePulse heart rate technology algorithms to give special insights. It uses real-time heart rate zones to check if you are in Fat Burn, Cardio or Peak zone and know the impact of workouts. The fitness band also packs in SpO2 sensor, which first in Fitbit tracker which showers blood oxygen levels.
The Fitbit Charge 3 features in a Graysacle OLED touch screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Company claims that it is 40% larger and brighter than its predecessor. When connected with smartphones, it shows calls and calendar alerts, text notifications, quick replies, app updates etc.
It has Lithium-Polymer battery that goes from 0-100% in just 2 hours. A full charge is claimed to offer 7 days of battery backup depending on usage. The band comes with array of sensors like 3-axis accelerometer, Optical heart rate monitor, Altimeter, Vibration motor, NFC (Special Edition only) etc.
The Fitbit Charge 3 syncs automatically and wirelessly with most Android, iOS and Windows devices using Bluetooth LE, with syncing range of about 20 feet. The tracker comes with more than 15 goal based exercise modes like biking, swimming, running, weights, yoga etc. It allows users to set goals, track progress and celebrations upon achieving set goals.
For females, Fitbit app will soon allow you to gain deeper understandings of your menstrual cycle using Fitbit app. For social fanatics, one can easily connect to one of the largest health and fitness social networks in the world. Sleep tracking is also available (Sleep stages, sleep insights etc.)
Fitbit Charge 3 Price
- United States: US$ 149.95 / US$ 169.95 (Special Edition) / US$ 29.95 – US$ 49.95 (Accessories)
- Australia: AU$ 229.95 / AU$ 269.95 (Special Edition) / AU$ 39.95 – AU$ 69.95 (Accessories)
- Canada: CAD$ 199.95 / CAD$ 219.95 (Special Edition) / CAD$ 39.95 – CAD$ 64.95 (Accessories)
- China: RMB 1228 / RMB 1398 (Special Edition) / RMB 298 – RMB 398 (Accessories)
- Europe: € 149.95 / € 169.95 (Special Edition) / € 29.95 – € 49.95 (Accessories)
- India: Rs. 14999 / Rs. 15999 (Special Edition) / Rs. 2990 – Rs. 4490 (Accessories)
- Japan: ¥ 19980 / ¥ 23630 (Special Edition) / ¥ 2970 – ¥ 3650 (Accessories)
- New Zealand: NZ$ 269.95 / NZ$ 299.95 (Special Edition) / NZ$ 49.95 – NZ$ 69.95 (Accessories)
- Singapore: S$ 238 / S$ 268 (Special Edition) / S$ 39.90 – S$ 69.90 (Accessories)
- United Kingdom: £ 129.99 / £ 149.99 (Special Edition) / £ 19.99 – £ 59.99 (Accessories)
The Fitbit Charge 3 will be available in stores in America and EMEA from early October 2018. Markets in Asia Pacific will get the fitness tracker in November 2018. In North America, you can buy Fitbit Charge 3 from Amazon, Best Buy, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Target, Verizon and Walmart.