Fossil has unveiled its latest Gen 5 luxury smartwatch. It is powered by Wear OS and houses a touch screen.
The Fossil Gen 5 features in a 44m round case and comes in different material options. It is powered by Snapdragon Wear 3100 processor with 1GB RAM and 8GB ROM.
It has 3ATM rating which makes it swim-proof. It has Google Pay support and includes NFC for easy and secure payments. It has has heart tracking which automatically measures heart beats during workouts.
The main battery modes of Fossil Gen 5 include ‘Daily Mode’, ‘Extended Mode’, ‘Time Mode’ and ‘Custom Mode’.
The Fossil Gen 5 easily connects with smartphones and uses Bluetooth V4.2 Low Energy. It has a high functioning battery life which offers days of usage (depending on battery modes).
Fossil Gen 5 Specifications
- Color: Smoke
- Size: 44mm
- Shape: Round
- Thickness: 12mm
- Closure: Single Pusher Foldover Clashp
- Color: Smoke
- Circumference: 200+/- 5mm
- Width: 22mm
- Material: Stainless Steel, Carlyle HR Smoke, Black Silicone, Dark Brown Leather, Julianna HR Rose Gold, Blush Leather
- Inter-changeable watch band
- Water Resistant: 3ATM rating
- Operating System: Wear OS by Google
- Display: is a Touch Screen
- Compatibility: Android 4.4+ (excluding Go Edition), iOS 9.3+
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 platform
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 8GB
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Altimeter, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Heart Rate
- Microphone: Yes
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth V4.2 LE, NFC, Untethered GPS
- Battery Life: 36 Hours / 1 Week (Clock mode)
- Other Features: Heart Rate Tracking, Activity Tracking (built-in fitness tracker), , GPS, Google Play, Swim-proof, Notifications (Text, Email, Social Media, App Alerts, Timer, Text and Voice)