Gionee is struggling and is on verge of bankruptcy. Amidst the problem and with hope of overcoming the issues, company has launched Gionee K6 smartphone in China.
It is an entry level smartphone which is powered by outdated Android 7.1 OS. The Gionee K6 is equipped with rear facing fingerprint sensor and has support for facial recognition.
The mobile sports a 6.2-inch IPS LCD display which offers 234ppi pixel density. Pumping inside is an octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 chipset.
Depending on the model, you get 6GB RAM with 128GB ROM or 8GB RAM with 128GB/256GB storage space. The optics are handled by 13MP front camera. The back side sports 16MP (main) + secondary + third camera setup. A 4350mAh battery is included as well.
Gionee K6 Specifications
- Dimensions: 157.6 x 75.9 x 10.2 mm
- Weight: 192 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (rear), Face Recognition
- Operating system: Android 7.1
- Display: 6.2-inch In-cell IPS LCD display with 234ppi pixel density, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 (MT6771) processor with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- RAM with Storage:
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage options
- Font camera: 13MP with F/2.0 Aperture
- Rear camera: 16MP with F/2.0 Aperture, 5P Lens, 76-degree FOV, Auto focus + Secondary rear camera + Third camera
- Battery: 4350mAh with 10W fast charging support
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth V4.0, MicroUSB V2.0, GPS, FM Radio, 3.5mm Audio jack
The Gionee K6 6GB/128GB price is 799 Yuan (US$ 112 approx.) while its 8GB/128GB variant costs 899 Yuan (US$ 127 approx.). The premium 8GB/256GB model of Gionee K6 has price-tag of 1099 Yuan (US$ 155 approx.). It comes in Fantasy Blue and Starry Sky Black colors. The handset is listed at JD.com