Google has announced its latest Glass Enterprise Edition 2. It is aimed to help workers in several industries by providing hands-free information and tools.
The second generation Google Glass can be used to see instructions, access check lists, send inspection photos or videos. This helps in improving quality, achieving fast production times and reduce cost.
The Glass Enterprise Edition 2 are built on Qualcomm Snapdragon XR1 platform which houses powerful multi-core CPU and new AI engine. It not only offers enhanced performance but also support computer vision and advanced machine learning capabilities.
Thanks to its 8MP camera, it offers first person streaming and collaboration features. Google has also added USB-C port which supports fast charging. It is built-on Android making it easy to use. It also supports Android Enterprise Mobile Device management.
Google Glass Enterprise Edition 2 Specifications
- Weight: 46 grams (pod)
- Ruggedness: Water and Dust resistant
- LED: Privacy (camera), Power (rear)
- Operating System: Android Oreo
- Display: Optical Display Module with 640 x 360 pixels resolution
- Touch: multi-touch Gesture touchpad
- Chipset: 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm 10nm processor
- Memory: 3GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 32GB eMMC Flash
- Camera: 8MP with 80-degree FOV
- Battery: 820 mAh (fast charging)
- Power saving features: On head detection sensor, Eye-on screen sensor
- IMU: Single 6-axis Accel/Gyro, Single 3-axis Mag
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Dual Band, Single Antenna, Bluetooth V5.x AoA, USB Type-C, USB 2.0 480Mbps
- Audio: 3 beam-forming microphones, Mono speaker, USB audio, BT audio
The Google Glass Enterprise Edition 2 price is US$ 999 (Rs. 69,600 approx). It is available only for Enterprise Businesses and can be bought by contacting company’s sales team from today.