Huawei’s Honor brand has announced a variant of its Magic 2 smartphone and company is calling it as Honor Magic 2 3D Structured Light Edition.
It is basically the same smartphone has Magic2 but includes ‘structured light’ 3D scanner at the front (inside pop-up module). It works in dark and can track 10,000 points.
Apart from in-display fingerprint sensor, it has Face unlock to securely use apps like Alipay. The device runs on Android Pie OS (with Magic UI 2.0) and comes with dual SIM support.
The Honor Magic2 3D specs include 6.390inch Full View display with Full HD+ resolution. It has octa-core Kirin 980 processor and includes graphene heat dissipation for proper thermal control. This particular variant houses 8GB RAM and 512GB ROM.
The phone packs in 16MP + 2MP + 2MP shooters at the front while the back side houses 16MP + 24MP + 16MP triple cameras at the back with LED Flash, AIS and AI intelligent stabilization.
Honor Magic 2 3D Specifications
- Dimensions: 157.32 x 75.13 x 8.3 mm / Weight: 206 grams
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie based Magic UI 2.0
- Rating: IPX2 water protection
- SIM: Dual SIM with Dual Standby
- Fast Unlocking: Yes, in display Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock
- Display: 6.39-inch FullView AMOLED display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 108% typical (DCI-P3) color gamut, 403ppi pixel density, multi-touch support
- Chipset: octa-core (2.6GHz A76 x 2 + 1.92GHz A76 x 2 + 1.8GHz A55 x 4) Kirin 980 processor with Mali-G76 GPU
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB built-in, expandable using MicroSD card
- Front Camera: 16MP (F/2.0 Aperture) + (2MP + 2MP) (TOF Lens, F/2.4 Aperture), Supports FHD+ recording
- Rear Camera: 16MP (color, F/1.8 Aperture) + 24MP (black and white, F/1.8 Aperture) + 16MP (ultra-wide, F/2.2, supports fixed focal length) triple rear cameras with LED Flash. Supports AIS, 4K video, Super Slow motion, AI Photography, dynamic 3D panorama, HDR
- Battery: 3500 mAh (typical) Lithium-Polymer with 40W MAX super fast charge (15 minutes gives 50%, 30 minutes of charging gives 85%)
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), USB Type-C 2.0 (Gen1), NFC (no 3.5mm jack)
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity, Hall, Ambient Light
The Honor Magic2 3D price is 5799 Yuan (US$ 865 / Rs. 60,530 approx.) and is already available in China.