The smartphone comes with rear mounted fingerprint sensor and includes dual Nano SIM slots and a dedicated microSD card slot. It boots on Android with with Magic UI 3.0.1, but lacks Google Mobile services (GMS).
The Honor Play 9A specs include 6.3-inch 20:9 aspect ratio display with HD+ resolution. At its core is MediaTek Helio P35 SoC with 4GB RAM. The cellphone comes in options of 64GB / 128GB storage space, which is again expandable using MicroSD card.
In terms of optics, it has 13MP and 2MP dual cameras at the back with LED Flash. For selfies, there is an 8MP front facing shooter. A 5000mAh battery is included.
Honor Play 9A Specifications
- Model: MOA-AL00
- Dimensions: 159.07 x 74.06 x 9.04 mm
- Weight: 185 grams
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (rear), Face unlock
- Operating System: Android 10 with Magic UI 3.0.1 (without GMS)
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM slots
- Display: 6.3-inch multi-touch IPS LCD screen with 1600 x 720 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 70% NTSC color gamut, 278ppi pixel density, 88.4% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.3GHz A53 x 4 + 1.8GHz A53 x 4) MediaTek Helio P35 (MT6765) processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU (680MHz)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB built-in, expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture
- Rear cameras: 13MP (Main, F/1.8, PDAF) + 2MP (Depth, F/2.4) dual rear cameras with LED Flash
- Battery: 5000mAh (typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) with 5V/2A charging
- Audio: Smart PA, Huawei Histen 6.0, Party mode
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, W-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth V5.0, MicroUSB V2.0, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS, FM Radio, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors: Ambient Light, Proximity, Gravity
The Honor 9A 64GB variant costs 899 Yuan (US$ 128 / Rs. 9,540 approx.) while its 128GB storage model costs 1199 Yuan (US$ 170 / Rs. 12,720 approx.). The handset comes in Black, Blue and Jasper Green colors and is already up for order in China.