Huawei’s Honor brand has silently introduced Honor Tab 5 (JDN2-W09HN) tablet. It comes in Wi-Fi Only and 4G LTE options.
The Honor Tab 5 specs include 8-inch multi-touch display with 1080p resolution. It has octa-core Kirin 710 SoC and comes in options of 3GB / 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 32GB/64GB internal storage space.
Both RAM/Storage variants again come in Wi-Fi only or 4G LTE models. A 5100 mAh battery powers the hardware. It full charges up in about 2.8 hours and gives about 28 days of standby. The tablet houses 8MP front and 8MP rear shooters.
Honor Tab 5 Specifications
- Model: JDN2-W09HN
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie iwth Magic UI 2.0
- Display: 8-inch IPS LCD Display with Tempered glass, 1920 x 1200 pixels resolution, 283ppi pixel density, 79% screen-to-body ratio, 10-point multi-touch
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.2GHz A73 x 4 + 1.7GHz A53 x 4) Kirin 710 processor with Mali-G51 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM with 32GB Storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage. Expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture, Fixed focus
- Rear camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture, Auto Focus, OIS (video), Digital Zoom, 1080p video recording
- Battery: 5100mAh (typical) / 4980 mAh (minimum). 2.8 Hours charging time, 28 days standby, 5V/2A charger
- Connectivity: Optional 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V4.2 BLE, GPS, MicroUSB V2.0, 3.5mm Audio jack
The Honor Tablet 5 3GB/32GB Wi-Fi variant costs 1099 Yuan (US$ 164 approx.) while the 3GB/4GB Cellular model has price-tag of 1399 (US$ 209). It is already available in China at Vmall.