HTC has introduced its latest Desire series smartphone in Taiwan called Desire 12s. It comes with dual SIM support and a rear facing fingerprint sensor for fast unlocking.
The device is 8.3 mm thick and sports a unique dual-material design which has shiny texture and double lines matte texture. The handset is light weight and sports a 5.7-inch 18:9 aspect ratio multi-touch display with HD+ resolution.
The HTC Desire 12s specs include octa-core Snapdragon 435 SoC and has options of 3GB RAM with 32GB RAM and 4GB RAM with 64GB ROM. There is a 13MP front and 13MP rear camera both accompanied with LED flash.
HTC Desire 12s Specifications
- Dimensions: 154.2 x 72.7 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 150 grams
- Fingerprint sensors: yes, rear
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo with HTC Sense UI
- Display: 5.7-inch 2.5D curved glass display with 1440 x 720 pixels resolution HD+ resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, multi-touch support
- Chipse: octa-core (1.4GHz A53 x 4 + 1.1GHz A53 x 4) Snapdragon 435 mobile platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage. Expandable using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 13MP with LED flash, F/2.4 Aperture, BSI Sensor, Fixed Focal length, Face detection
- Rear camera: 13MP with LED Flash, F/2.2 Aperture, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- Battery: 3075 mAh with 5V/1A charging
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-FI 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth V4.2, GPS/GLONASS, MicroUSB, NFC, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors: Ambient Light, Proximity, Gravity, Compass, Magnetic
The HTC Desire 12s 3GB/32GB model is priced at NT$ 5990 (US$ 195 / Rs. 13,900 approx.). The Desire 12s 4GB/64GB variant costs NT$ 6990 (US$ 225 / Rs. 16,250 approx.). The device comes in Red Bloom, Refreshing Silver and Personalized Black colors and is already on sale in Taiwan.