HTC has unveiled its first Blockchain smartphone called the EXODUS 1. It comes with Zion crypto wallet developed by company itself.
The Zion crypto wallet leverages Snapdragon 845’s security enclave to keep your keys hidden from untrusted parts of the Android Oreo OS and its apps. In short, it turns Exodus 1 into hardware cryptocurrency wallet.
Just in case if you loose your phone, there is Social Key Recovery which allows you to pick several trusted persons. If all of these people come together, they can create your private key.
The HTC EXODUS 1 can run Dapps, which are decentralized apps that run simultaneously on many devices to ensure that results are not tampered.
In terms of specifications, they are similar to HTC U12+. The Blackchain phone packs in 6-inch QHD+ 18:9 display, Snapdraogn 845 SoC and 6GB RAM. There is 128GB internal memory and a 3500 mAh battery. The smartphone also comes with IP68 rating for durability. It has has dual cameras at the front and back.
HTC Exodus 1 Specifications
- Single Nano SIM slot
- Android Oreo OS with Zion Wallet
- IP68 Rated for water and dust resistance
- Edge Sense 2 for easy one-hand use
- 6-inch multi-touch QHD+ display with 2880 x 1440 pixels resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio
- octa-core Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB UFS 2.1 Storage
- 8MP + 8MP dual front cameras with natural Bokeh effects
- 12MP + 16MP dual rear cameras with Sonic Zoom, Audio boost, 4K video recording at 60fps and 3D audio recording
- 3500 mAh battery with fast charging
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi Calling, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth V5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi Edition, HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation
The HTC Exodus 1 price 0.15 Bitcoin or 4.78 Ethereum (just about $960 or Rs. 70,565 at the moment). You can only buy this smartphone using Crypto-currency. The hands is up for pre-order and is expected to ship in December 2018. It will be available in 34 countries including the US, Taiwan, HK, Singapore, New Zealand, UK, Austria, Norway, and other European countries.