Huawei has just announced its latest ‘Mate Series’ smartphones called Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro. They come with revamped Leica camera and are powered by Kirin 980 SoC, Androids first 7nm processor.
Huawei Mate 20
The smartphone come with an iconic square at the back which houses Leica Triple cameras and one LED Flash. It has Dewdrop display with remarkable screen-to-body ratio.
Its 12MP main RGB Lens (27mm, F/1.8) captures great details in every photos. The 8MP telephoto lens (52mm, F/2.4) focuses on distant shots while its new 16MP Leica Ultra Wide Angle lens (17mm, F/2.2) is perfect for landscape photos. The 2.5cm / 1in macro mode and the AI features are available as well.
The Mate 20’s camera can recognize more than1500 scenarios and 25 categories. It can segment different objects and scenes in one photo. It has advanced AI Image Stabilization and night mode.
It has 4000 mAh battery and supports Huawei SuperCharge (with TUV safety certification). It is claimed to charge 58% in just 30 minutes.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
It has same square camera module at the back which has Triple Leica Cameras.The Mate 20 Pro features in 40MP main RGB Lens that captures details, an 8MP telephoto lens for focus and distant shots and 20MP Leica Ultra-Wide-Angle lens for perfect landscape photos. AI capabilities are more or less the same as non Pro counterpart.
It has a larger 4200 mAh battery with smarter AI power management. It supports 40W Huawei SuperCharge with TUV Safe fast-charge system certification. Company claims that battery charges to 70% in just 30 minutes. Wireless reverse charging is an added bonus. Aesthetically speaking, it has 3D glass with smooth curves.
Huawei Mate 20 X
The Mate 20 X features in world’s first liquid multi-dimensional cooling system with Vapor Chamber (VC). It has Graphen film to keep the device cool. This smartphone is IP53 rated for dust and water resistance.
This particular model houses a larger 7.2-inch FHD+ OLED display and comes with engraved glass back panel. It filters the color layer to produce unique texture glittering. Moreover, it is anti-fingerprint and non-slipper. The handset is aimed at gamers and is powered by a larger 5000 mAh battery with AI battery management Huawei SuperCharge fast charging is also supported.
Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro and Mate 20 X specifications
- Dimensions / Weight:
- Mate 20: 158.2 x 77.2 x 8.3 mm / weight: 188 grams
- Mate 20 Pro: 157.8 x 72.3 x 8.6 mm / weight: 189 grams
- Mate 20 X: 174.6 x 85.4 x 8.15mm / weight: 232 grams
- Mate 20 and Mate 20X: Fingerprint sensor
- Mate 20 Pro: In-display fingerprint sensor, 3D face unlock
- Mate 20: 6.53-inch OLED display with 2244 x 1080 pixels resolution, 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 820nits brightness, DCI-P3 HDR color display
- Mate 20 Pro: 6.39-inch OLED display with 3120 x 1440 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 820nits brightness, DCI-P3 HDR color display
- Mate 20 X: 7.2-inch OLED display with 2244 x 1080 pixels resolution, 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 820nits brightness, DCI-P3 HDR color display
- Mate 20: 4000 mAh (typical) with Huawei SuperCharge fast charging
- Mate 20 Pro: 4200 mAh (typical) with 40W SuperCharge, 15W Wireless Quickcharge
- Mate 20 X: 5000 mAh (typical) with Huawei SuperCharge fast charging.
- Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro: dual speakers
- Mate 20 X: Dual speakers with Dual Smart PA, Dolby Atmos, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Rear Camera:
- Mate 20: 12MP (F/1.8) + 16MP (Ultra wide angle, F/2.2) + 8MP (Telephoto, F/2.4). Supports Laser / phase / contrast focus, Huawei AI image stabilization
- Mate 20 Pro and Mate 20 X: 40MP (F/1.8) + 20MP (Ultra wide angle, F/2.2) + 8MP (Telephoto, F/2.4). Supports Laser / phase / contrast focus, Huawei AI image stabilization
- Front camera: 24MP with F/2.0 Aperture
- Mate 20: 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB storage, expandable up to 256GB using NM card
- Mate 20 Pro: 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage options, expandable up to 256GB using NM card
- Mate 20X: 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 182GB storage, expandable up to 256GB using NM card
- Processor and GPU: octa-core (2.6GHz A77 x 2 + 1.92GHz A76 x 2 + 1.8GHz A55 x 4) Huawei Kirin 980 processor with ARM Mali-G76MP10 (720MHz) GPU
- Rating: IP68 rated for water and dust resistance
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM slots (Nano + Nano / NM Card)
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) (Wave2), Bluetooth V5.0 LE, GPS (L1 and L5 dual band), USB Type-C (Gen1), NFC
Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro and Mate 20X price
- Mate 20 4GB RAM + 128GB storage: €799 (US$ 925 / Rs. 67,820 approx.)
- Mate 20 6GB RAM + 128GB storage: €849 (US$ 983 / Rs. 72,070 approx.)
- Mate 20 Pro 6GB RAM + 128GB storage: €1049 (US$ 1215 / Rs. 89,050 approx.)
- Mate 20 X 6GB RAM + 128GB storage: €(US$ 1041 / Rs. 76,275 approx.)
The Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro comes in Black, Emerald Green, Twilight and Midnight Blue colors. The Midnight Blue and Emerald Green beautifully reflects light giving a unique Hyper Optical Patterns glitter. There is an anti-fingerprint glass back. Both of these smartphones will go on sale in select markets of UK, Italy, France and UAE starting October 16th.
The Huawei Mate 20X comes in Midnight Blue and Phantom Silver colors and will go on sale in select markets of UK, Italy, France and UAE from October 26th.