Huawei announced the Mate X 5G folding smartphone back in February. Now, the handset is nearing its launch in Chinese markets.
The Mate X with model number TAH-AN00 has been certified by TENAA, which has again confirmed its specifications.
The Certification authority has revealed that it will have several RAM and Storage options like 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, 8GB RAM with 256GB storage and 12GB RAM with 512GB storage space. Other specs are more or less same as the ones announced.
Huawei Mate X Specifications
- Fold Width: 161.3 x 78.3 x 5.4 ~ 11 mm
- Unfold Width: 161.3 x 146.2 x 5.4 ~ 11 mm
- Weight: 287 grams (approx.) including battery
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.1.1
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM slot (nano + nano / NM card)
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes, side mounted
- Display: OLED display
- Folded: 6.6-inch front panel panel with 2480 x 1148 pixels resolution. 6.38-inch back panel with 2480 x 892 pixels resolution
- Unfolded: 8-inch display with 2480 x 2200 pixels resolution
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.6GHz Cortex-A76 + 1.92GHz A67 x 2 + 1.8GHz A55 x 4) Kirin 980 processor with ARM-Mali G760 MP10 (720Mhz) GPU and Balong 5000 5G Modem
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB / 512GB in-built, expandable up to 256GB using NM card
- Camera: Leica cameras of 40MP (Wide-Angle lens, F/1.8 Aperture) + 16MP (Ultra-Wide-Angle lens) + 8MP (Telephoto, F/2.4 Aperture)
- Battery: 4500 mAh (typical) / 4400 mAh (minimum) with 55W SuperCharge fast charging
- Audio: Dual Speakers, Type-C Ear jack
- Connectivity: 5G Multi-mode, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) (Wave2), Bluetooth V5.0 LE, USB Type-C (Gen1), NFC, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band)/A-GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou/Galileo/QZSS
- Sensors: Gravity, Ambient light, Proximity, Gyroscope, Compass, hall, Barometer, Infrared, Color temperature
The Huawei Mate X Folding was announced (not yet available) in European markets for €2299 (US$ 2607 / Rs. 1,85,220 approx.) and came in Interstellar Blue color. China launch is expected soon.