Powered by Android 10 based EMUI 10.1, the MatePad 10.8 sports a 10.8-inch IPS screen with 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution at 280ppi pixel density.
It is equipped with powerful octa-core Kirin 990 SoC with 6GB RAM and 64GB ROM. There is support for MicroSD card up to 128GB for further expansion.
An 8MP camera sits at the front while the back side houses 13MP auto focus camera. It has 7500mAh battery capacity with USB Type-C fast charging support.
The Huawei MatePad 10.8 features in four speakers which are tuned by Harman Kardon. It is further enhanced by Huawei’s Histen 6.1 technology.
Huawei MatePad 10.8 specifications
- Model: SCMR-W09
- Operating System: Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor
- Display: 10.8-inch IPS display with with 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution, 280ppi pixel density, 10-point multi-touch support
- chipset: Octa-core Kirin 990 processor with ARM Mali-G76 MP16
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB built-in, expandable up to 128GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture, Fixed Focal length
- Rear camera: 13MP with F/1.8 Aperture, Auto Focus
- Battery: 7500mAh (typical) Lithium-Polymer with fast charging support
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.1, USB Type-C
- Audio: Histen 6.1 sound effects, Harman/Kardon tuning, 3.5mm audio jack
- Sensors: Gravity, Gyro, Compass, Status indicator, Ambient Light, Hall
- Other: Support for M-Pencil Stylus, Keyboard add-on, Pogo pins
The Huawei MatePad 10.8 6GB/64GB variant price is 2499 Yuan ($358) while its 6GB/128GB model costs 2799 Yuan ($ 400). The tablet is up for order and will ship in mid-August. A 5G variant of MatePad 10.8 is also in the works.