Huawei has announced its latest flagship tablet in China called MatePad Pro. It comes in Wi-Fi only and 4G LTE models and boots on Android based EMUI 10.0.1 out of the box.
The Huawei MatePad Pro specs include 10.8-inch multi-touch display with QHD+ resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio and 90% screen-to-body ratio. High screen-to-body ratio is achieved thanks to its slim 4.9mm bezels.
The tablets sports an invisible antenna design with micro-arc-shaped middle frame. It has Kirin 990 SoC with up to 8GB RAM and 512GB storage options (variants mentioned below).
It has support for Huawei M-Pencil which adds several other featuers like graffiti, painting, document processing, notes etc. The M-Pen has 20ms ultra-low latency and boasts 4096-level of pressure sensitivity. The M-Pencil easily attaches at the top of fuselage thanks to its active magnetic pairing and charges wirelessly.
The Huawei MatePad Pro also integrates with smart magnetic keyboard which is light weight at just 260 grams. It has 1.3mm key strokes and gives feel of a laptop. There is a special NFC sensing area and offers PC like experience.
In terms of optics, there is a 8MP front camera and 13MP auto focus rear shooter with LED Flash. It has 7250mAh typical battery with 40W Huawe Super fast charging, 15W wireless charging and 7.5 reverse charging support.
Huawei MatePad Pro specifications
- Dimensions: 256 x 159 x 7.2 mm
- Weight: 460 grams
- SIM: Wi-Fi only (MRX-W09 / MRX-W19) and 4G LTE ( (MRX-AL09 / MRX-AL19)
- Operating System: Android 10 based EMUI 10.0.1
- Stylus: M-Pen
- Display: 10.8-inch LCD display with 2560 x 1600 pixels QHD+ resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio, DCI-P3 wide-color gamut, multi-touch support, 90% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Octa-Core (2.86GHz A76 x 2 + 2.09GHz A76 x 2 + 1.86GHz A55 x 4) Kirin 990 processor with ARM Mali-G76 (600MHz) GPU and Dual NPU
- RAM with Storage:
- MRX-AL09: 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM / 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM
- MRX-W09: 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM / 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM
- MRX-AL19: 8GB RAM + 512GB ROM
- MRX-W19: 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM
- Expandable up to 256GB using NM card
- Front camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture, fixed focal length (placed inside punch hole)
- Rear camera: 13MP with LED Flash, F/1.8 Aperture, Auto Focus (Phase focus)
- Battery: 7250mAh (typical) with 40W Huawei SuperCharge 10V/2A charging, 15W wireless charging 7.5W reverse wireless charging
- Audio: Histen 6.0 multi-channel 3D stereo sound, four channel quad-speaker sound system, large amplitude speakers tuned by Harman Kardon, 5 microphones with 360-degree denosing
- Connectivity: Optional 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (wave2), Dual band (2.4/5GHz), MIMO, VHT160, Bluetooth V5.1, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen1, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSS (depending on variant)
- Sensors: Ambient Light, Hall, Gyro, Compass, Gravity, Color temperature
The Huawei MatePad Pro LTE price starts at 3799 Yuan ($540 approx.) for 6GB/128GB model and goes up to 4499 Yuan (US$ 640 approx.) for 8GB/256GB variant. The MatePad Pro Wi-Fi variant price is cheaper at 3299 Yuan (US$ 470 approx.) for base 6GB/128GB version. The tablet comes in White, Black, Green and Orange colors and will go on sale from December 12th in China.