Huawei has officially unveiled its P40 smartphone. It comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor and supports Dual SIM (options listed below). Additionally, the smartphone is IP53 rated.
The Huawei P40 is powered by octa-core Kirin 990 5G SoC which has Mali-G76 GPU and dual Big + Tiny core NPU. The handset will come with 8GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage space.
The Huawei P40 specs also include 6.1-inch OLED display with FHD+ resolution at 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It has 32MP + IR selfie cameras which can record 4K videos and offers several AI capabilities. Face unlock is also supported.
At the back side of Huawei P40 is a triple camera setup consisting of 50MP (ultra Vision) + 16MP (ultra-wide-angle) + 8MP (telephoto) snappers along with LED Flash. It has 3800mAh (typ) battery which supports 22.5W Huawei Super Charge fast charging.
Huawei P40 Specifications
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.06 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 175 grams
- Operating System: Android 10 based EMUI 10.1
- Ratings: IP53 (Splash / Water / Dust resistant)
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- SIM: Dual Sim slots (Nano + Nano OR Nano + eSIM + NM card)
- Display: 6.1-inch OLED display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.86GHz A76 x 2 + 2.36GHz A76 x 2 + 1.9GHz A55 x 4) Huawei Kirin 990 5G processor with Mali-G76 GPU and Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB built-in, expandable using NM Card
- Front camera: 32MP with F/2.0 Aperture, IR camera, 4K video at 60fps + IR camera
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED Flash, Auto Focus, OIS + AIS
- 50MP Ultra Vision camera with 1/1.28-inch Ultra Vision sensor, RYYB color filter array, Wide-angle lens, F/1.9 Aperture, Octa PD Auto Focus, 4-in-1 pixel pinning (2.44um super large pixel), Huawei XD Fusion Engine
- 16MP Ultra-wide-angle camera with F/2.2 Aperture, 2.5cm macro shot
- 8MP Telephoto camera with F/2.4 Aperture, OIS, 3X optical zoom, 5x Hybrid Zoom, 30X max Zoom
- Battery: 3800mAh (typical) / 3700mAh (minimum) with Huawei SuperCharge 22.5W max
- Connectivity: 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2×2 MIMO, HE160, 1024QAM, 8Spatial-streaming Sounding MU-MIMO, Bluetooth V5.1, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen1, USB Type-C ear jack, GPS (L1+L) / A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou (B1l + B1c + B2a), Galileo (E1 + E5a) / QZSS (L1 + LF) / NavIC, NFC
- Sensors: Gesture, Gravity, Hall, Gyroscope, Compass, Ambient Light, Proximity, Laser, Color Temperature
The Huawei P40 colors include Silver Frost, Blush Gold, Deep Sea Blue, Ice White and Black shades. It is priced at Euro 799 (US$ 875 / Rs. 67,120 approx.) and will roll out from April 7th.