Huawei along with its P40 Series smartphones has also unveiled a new smartwatch called Huawei Watch GT 2e. It has Metal and Plastic casing and comes in several strap options.
The smartwatch comes with 5ATM water resistant rating and sports a 1.39-inch AMOLED touch display. It has two buttons on side – namely power button and function button. Inside is Kirin A1 SoC and houses 4GB of storage space to save music. Its battery offers about 14 days of usage time. The smartwatch runs on Huawei LiteOS.
The Huawei Watch GT 2e offers several activity tracking including climbing, outdoor walking, outdoor running, cycling, triathlons, cycling, indoor running, hiking, elliptical, pool swimming, rowing machine, open water swimming, indoor walking, trial run and free training.
It has VO2Max tracking feature which tracks maximum rate of oxygen consumption (measured per unit of time), Aerobix / Anaerobic workout effect, Recovery time, training intensity, workout status and includes more than ten voice-over running courses. There SpO2 for checking blood oxygen levels, Huawei TruRelax stress monitoring, TruSleep 2.0 for monitoring sleep.
Huawei Watch GT 2e specifications
- Dimensions: 53 x 46.8 x 10.8 mm
- Weight: 43 grams
- Watch case: Metal + Plastic / Colors: Black stainless steel, stainless steel
- Straps: Black Fluoroelastomer Strap, Red & Black TPU Strap, Green & Black TPU Strap, White Fluoroelastomer Strap
- Buttons: Power Button, Function Button
- Ratings: 5ATM (Water resistant up to 50 meters)
- Display: 1.39-inch AMOLED touch screen (circular) with touch gestures, 454 x 454 pixels HD resolution
- Chipset: Huawei Kirin A1 SoC
- Operating System: Huawei LiteOS
- Storage: 4GB built-in (for music)
- Battery life: up to 14 days
- Connectivity: Bluetooth V5.1, GPS support
- Compatibility: Smartphones running on Android 4.4 or above and iOS 9.0 and above
- Features: Heart rate tracking, Sleep monitoring, Huawei TrueRelax, Activity tracking
- Activity tracking: 15 different professional workout modes
- Sensors: Acceleration, Gyroscope, Geomagnetic, Optical heart rate, Ambient Light, Air Pressure, Capacitive
The Huawei Watch GT 2e price is Eruo 199 (US$ 218 / Rs. 16,720 approx.) and comes in Graphite Black, Icy White, Lava Red and Mint Green colors. It will roll out in April 2020.
Update: Huawei has officially launched Watch GT 2e smartwatch in China. It is priced at 1288 Yuan (US$ 182).