Huawei has just unveiled its latest smartwatch called Watch GT (Sports and Classic versions). It is powered by company’s very own LightOS platform .
The Huawei Watch GT is classic looking with dual crown, 316L stainless steel build and ceramic bezels. Its 5ATM rating offers offers additional water and dust resistance. There is a physical key push button as well.
The smartwatch features in Optical Heart rate sensor at bottom and uses TruSeen 3.0 technology to detect heartbeats. It uses 6 LEDs for precise and efficient tracking.
The Huawei Watch GT features in a 1.39-inch AMOLED display with 454 x 454 pixels resolution and is powered by Cortex-M4 chipset which has high power and low power cores.
There is GPS support which allows users for easy tracking of routes, locations, distance etc. Additionally, there is activity tracking, step counter, calories burned, sleep tracking etc. The smartwatch works with Huawei’s Health Assistant app.
There is a 420 mAh battery inside which offers 2 weeks of usage if you use heart rate tracking and exercise for 1.5 Hours a week. Most of connectivity options are are supported as well.
Huawei Watch GT Specification
- 5ATM rating (Waterproof and Dust Proof)
- Bis Physical key touch push button
- Weight of 46 Grams (without strap)
- LightOS (Huawei’s home grown)
- TruSeen 3.0 Heart rate monitor
- 1.39-inch AMOLED retina color display with 454 x 454 pixels resolution, 100% color saturation
- Cortex-M4 processor
- Call alerts, Message alerts, Notifications, Steps counter, distance, calories consumed
- Activity tracking (outdoor / indoor running, walking, cycling, swimming, hiking etc.)
- 420 mAh battery with 2 weeks of usage, 30 days on watch mode, 22 hours on GPS mode
- Magnetic Charging base with <2 hours charging time.
- Supports GPS + GLONASS + Beidou / Galileo, NFC (TBC)
- Accelerometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic compass, optical heart rate sensor, Air pressure sensor, Ambient light sensor
The Huawei Watch GT Sport and Watch GT Classic will go on sale for €199 (US$ 230 / Rs. 16,910 approx.) and €249 (US$ 288 / Rs. 21,160 approx.) respectively.
Honor Band 3 Pro
Huawei has also announced Band 3 Pro fitness band. It comes with 5ATM rating and sports a 0.95-inch AMOLED touch screen with 120 x 240 pixels resolution. It has several fitness tracking features seen in Watch GT.
It comes with Applo 3 microprocessor, 384KB RAM, 1MB ROM and 16MB Flash memory. It has Pedometer, Sleep tracker, Exercise tracker and gives out sedentary reminders.
It has Huawei TruSeen 3.0 that accurately monitors Heart rate. Additionally, there is Huawei TruSleep 2.0 which tracks sleep and gives out personalized suggestions for sleep improvement.
It has 100 mAh battery which offers about 7 hours of continuous GPS use. The smartband has dimensions of 45 x 19 x 11 mm and weighs 25 grams. It has detached PPG cardiotachometer, 6-axis sensors and IR wearign detection sensor.
The Band 3 Pro connects with smart devices using Bluetooth V4.2 LE and is compatible with most devices running on Android 4.4 or later and iOS 9.0 or later.
The Huawei Band 3 Pro price is €99 (US$ 115 / Rs. 8,410 approx.) and comes in Obsidian Black, Quicksand Gold and Space Blue colors. It will go on sale in UK, France, Italy and UAE soon.