VIVO’s iQOO brand has just announced its new iQOO 5 and iQOO 5 Pro smartphones in China. Both of them share several similarities in terms of specs with notable difference in dimensions, rear cameras and battery capacity.
The iQOO 5 / iQOO 5 Pro are dual SIM smartphones with 5G (SA/NSA) and Dual 4G VoLTE support. It has an in-display fingerprint sensor for fast unlocking. These have 6.56-inch AMOLED HDR10+ 120Hz display with with FHD+ resolution and boasts 92.6% screen-to-body ratio. The iQOO Pro variant has 3D curved screen with slim 1.48mm bezels.
These are powered by octa-core Snapdragon 865 mobile platform. The iQOO 5 comes in variants of 8GB RAM with 128GB storage and 12GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage options. The iQOO 5 Pro on the other hand is offered in models with 8GB / 12GB RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage space.
The iQOO 5 and iQOO 5 Pro comes with a punch hole which houses 16MP front facing camera. These have triple camera setup at the back. The iQOO 5 sports 50MP (main) + 13MP (wide-angle) + 13MP (portrait) snappers while its Pro variant comes with 50MP (main) + 13MP (wide-angle) + 8MP (periscope) shooters.
The iQOO 5 houses 4500mAh Lithium battery and supports 55W fast charging. It can charge 0 to 100% in just about 50 minutes.Vivo claims it to offer about 18.5 hours of 4G VoLTE talk time or 480 hours of standby.
The iQOO 5 Pro features in a smaller 4000mAh Lithium battery but supports 120W fast charging. It can fully charge a smartphone in just about 15 minutes and offers about 13 hours of 4G VoLTE talk time or 269 hours of standby.
iQOO 5 and iQOO 5 Pro – Full Phone Specifications
- Dimensions / Weight:
- iQOO 5: 160 x 75.6 x 8.32 mm / 197 grams Weight
- iQOO 5 Pro: 159.56 x 73.30 x 8.9 – 9.53 mm / 198 grams (Track version) – 196.7 grams (Legendary versions)
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor, Face wake facial recognition
- Operating System: Android 10 with iQOO UI 1.5
- Display: 6.56-inch AMOLED display with 2376 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.8:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ display, 103% NTSC color gamut, 6000000:1 contrast ratio, multi-touch support, 92.6% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.84GHz x 1 + 2.42GHz x 3 + 1.8GHz x 4) Snapdragon 865 mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM with Storage:
- iQOO 5:
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage
- 12GB RAM + 128GB storage
- 12GB RAM + 256GB storage
- iQOO 5 Pro: 8GB / 12GB RAM + 256GB storage
- iQOO 5:
- Front camera: 16MP with F/2.45 Aperture
- Rear cameras:
- iQOO 5:
- 50MP main with Samsung GN1 sensor, F/1.85 Aperture, EIS, 20x digital zoom
- 13MP with 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, F/2.2 Aperture
- 13MP 50mm portrait lens with F/2.46 Aperture, 2x zoom
- iQOO 5 Pro:
- 50MP main with Samsung GN1 sensor, F/1.85 Aperture, OIS, EIS
- 13MP with 120-degree ultra-wide angle lens, F/2.2 Aperture
- 8MP periscope camera with F/3.4 Aperture, OIS, 60X Digital zoom, 5x optical zoom
- iQOO 5:
- iQOO 5: 4500mAh (typical) with 55W flash charging
- iQOO 5 Pro: 4000mAh (typical) with 120W ultra-fast flash charging
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth V5.1, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC
- Audio: Hi-Fi Audio, Stereo speakers, USB Type-C Audio
- Sensors: Gravity, Light, Proximity, Gyro, E-Compass, Color temperature
The iQOO 5 color options include Blue and Grey shades. The iQOO 5 Pro comes in Track and Legendary versions. Its Track variant has Carbon Fiber finishing (under glass) while its legendary version sports three stripes with white leather finishing.
iQOO 5 Price
- 8GB + 128GB variant: 3998 Yuan (US$ 575 / Rs. 43,130 approx.)
- 12GB + 128GB variant: 4298 Yuan (US$ 620 / Rs. 46,370 approx.)
- 12GB + 256GB variant: 4598 Yuan (US$ 662 / Rs. 49,600 approx.)
iQOO 5 Pro Price
- 8GB + 256GB variant: 4998 Yuan (US$ 720 / Rs. 53,920 approx.)
- 12GB + 256GB variant: 5498 Yuan (US$ 792 / Rs. 59,320 approx.)
These are already up for order and will start selling in China from August 24th.