Vivo’s iQOO brand has unveiled a new U Series smartphone in China called iQOO U3. The phone has support for 5G via its Dual Nano SIM slots and is powered by Android 10 based iQOO UI 1.5.
The iQOO U3 features in side mounted fingerprint sensor and has support for facial recognition. The phone itself is 8.4 mm thick and houses a 5000mAh battery inside with 18W fast charging support.
The mobile sports a 6.58-inch multi-touch LCD display with HDR10 support. The screen offers FHD+ resolution at 20.07:9 aspect ratio and boasts 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate.
The iQOO U3 specs include octa-core Dimensity 800U SoC and comes in 6GB / 8GB RAM options with 128GB storage space. It has liquid cooling tech inside which keeps thermals in check.
The cellphone houses 8MP front camera coupled with 48MP + 2MP dual shooters at the back with LED flash.
iQOO U3 specifications
- Dimensions: 164.15 x 75.35 x 8.40 mm
- Weight: 185 grams
- SIM: Dual Slots
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side), face wake facial recognition
- Operating System: Android 10 based iQOO UI 1.5
- Display: 6.58-inch LCD HDR10 display with 2408 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20.07:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, 1500:1 (typ) contrast ratio, 96% color saturation, 401ppi pixel density, multi-touch support, 90.61% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Octa-core (2.4GHz x 2 + 2GHz x 6) MediaTek Dimensity 800U processor with Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.2 built-in
- Front camera: 8MP with F/2.0 Aperture
- Rear cameras: Dual rear cameras with LED Flash
- 48MP Main with F/1.79 Aperture, 4-in-1 super pixel at 12MP, 10X digital zoom, Video EIS, up to 4K video
- 2MP depth with F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 5000mAh (typical) with 18W dual-engine flash charging
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5Ghz), Bluetooth V5.1, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou
- Sensors: Gravity, Light, Proximity, Gyro, e-Compass
The iQOO U3 6GB/128GB variant is priced at 1498 Yuan ($230 approx.) while its 8GB/128GB model price is set at 1698 Yuan ($260 approx.). It comes in Black and Glow Blue colors.
The iQOO U3 is already up for pre-order in China and will go on sale in China from December 17th.