iQOO expands its Z Series lineup with the launch of new smartphone called iQOO Z5. The handset comes in White and Gradient Blue color options.
The iQOO Z5 specs include 6.67-inc LCD display with HDR10 support. It offers FHD+ resolution, DC Dimming, up to 120Hz refresh rate and boasts TUV Rheinland Low blue light certifications. Its screen has slim bezels resulting in 91.36% screen-to-body ratio.
The smartphone pumps with octa-core Snapdragon 778G chipset. It has 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and has 128GB / 256GB storage variants. It has 28837mm² VC cooling area that reduces mobile’s core temperature by up to 12-degrees.
The mobile houses dual Nano Slots with 5G support. It has z-axis linear motor for 4D vibrations. Powering inside is a 5000mAh battery with 44W fast charging support. Notably, the iQOO Z3 came with 55W charging.
In terms of cameras, the Z5 houses 16MP front and 64MP main, 8MP ultra-wide and 2MP macro cameras at back with LED flash. It comes with stereo speakers delivering Hi-Res audio.
iQOO Z5 specifications
- Dimensions: 164.70 x 76.68 x 8.48 – 8.53 mm (depending on model)
- Weight: 193 – 195 grams (depending on model)
- SIM: Dual Nano slots
- Operating System: Android 11 with Origin OS 1.0
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side), Face Wake facial recognition
- Display: 6.67-inch LCD display with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 120Hz refresh rate, up to 240Hz touch sampling rate, 395pp pixel density, up to 650nits brightness, 1500:1 (typ) contrast ratio, P3 color gamut, HDR10 support, DC dimming, 91.36% screen-to-body ratio, TUV Rheinland low blue light certification
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 778G mobile platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- RAM and storage:
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Front camera: 16MP with F/2.45 Aperture
- Rear cameras: Triple cameras with LED Flash
- 64MP main with Samsung GW3 sensor, F/1.79 Aperture, 10X digital zoom
- 8MP with 119-degree ultra-wide lens, F/2.2 Aperture
- 2MP macro lens with F/2.4 Aperture
- Battery: 5000mAh (typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) with 44W fast charging
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.2, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSS
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack, Hi Res audio, stereo speakers
- Sensors: Gravity, Light, Proximity, Gyro, E-Compass
The iQOO Z5 8GB/128GB model is priced at 1,899 yuan (US$ 293 / Rs. 21,640 approx.). Its 8GB/256GB version costs 2,099 yuan (US$ 324 / Rs. 23,910 approx.). The top-end Z5 price is set at 2,299 yuan (US$ 355 / Rs. 26,200 approx.). The handset is already up for order in China. It is slated to launch in India on September 27th.