LG Electronics has officially unveiled its latest ‘G Series’ smartphone called LG G8X ThinQ. Along with it, company has also unveiled its new LG Dual Screen, which is specially designed to offer new way of multi-tasking or enjoying content.
The LG Dual Screen was first introduced at MWC 2019 in Barcelona. Since then, LG has sought out insights from consumers and has included several improvements in the new Dual Screen.
The new LG Dual Screen has dimensions of 165.96 x 84.63 x 14.99 mm and has weight of 134 grams. It has 360-degree Freestop Hinge for folding and USB contact. It has 6.4-inch OLED FullVision display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 403ppi pixel density. There is a 2.1-inch Mono Cover display, which is handy to check time, date, battery charge or notifications.
The LG G8x ThinQ specs include 6.4-inch FullVision OLED display with Full HD+ resolution at 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It has octa-core Snapdragon 855 processor with 6GB RAM and 128 GB ROM which is further expandable using MicroSD card.
There are dual cameras at the back which consists of 12MP standard and 13MP super wide angle sensors. For selfies, it has 32MP front facing shooter. The G8x ThinQ also has AI capabilities and can recognize and compensate for movements with shutter speed of 1/480 of a second to keep subjects fully in focus.
LG G8X ThinQ Specifications
- Dimensions: 159.3 x 75.8 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 192 grams
- Unlocking: Fingerprint sensor
- Ratings: IP68 (Water/Dust resistant), MIL-STD 810G
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Display: 6.4-inch FulLVision OLED display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi pixel density, multi-touch support
- Chipset: Octa-core Qualcmm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.1, expandable up to 2TB using MicroSD card
- Front cameras: 32MP with 79-degree lens, F/1.9 Aperture, 0.8um pixel size
- Rear cameras: Dual cameras with LED flash
- 12MP with 78-degree lens, F/1.8 Aperture, 1.4μm pixel size
- 13MP Super wide camera with 136-degree lens, F/2.4 Aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- Battery: 4000mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Audio: 32-it Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS:X 3D surround sound, Two 1.2W Boombox speakers with stereo output, 3.5mm Audio jack
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.2 LE, GPS, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible), NFC
The LG G8X ThinQ and upgraded LG Dual Screen will be available in key markets in Q4 2019. Both of these will be showcased at IFA 2019.