LG has officially announced its latest smartphone with integrated AI called LG V30S ThinQ and V30S+ ThinQ. These handset are built on LG V30 platform and boasts upgraded specs (Camera AI and more RAM).
ThinQ was first introduced at CES 2018 to identify all LG’s home appliances, consumer electronics and services that utilize artificial intelligence. LG’s vision for ThinQ is to promote Artificial Intelligence as an approachable and less intimidating technology.
Starting with some features, the LG V30S / V30S+ ThinQ are IP68 rated and complies with MIL-STD 810G standards. A fingerprint sensor is placed at the back. Both of these mobiles also support face recognition.
They are 7.3 mm thick and an Weighs about 158 grams. They come with 6-inch FullView display with QuadHD+ resolution, are powered by Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform and comes with 6GB of RAM.
The LG V30S ThinQ specs include 128GB internal storage while the LG V30S+ ThinQ features in 256GB ROM. These handsets also allow further expansion up to 2TB using MicroSD.
They come with 16MP + 13MP dual rear camera setup at the back with LED Flash. At the front side is 5MP shooter with 90-degree wide angle lens.
These handsets come with Vision AI which includes three new intelligent camera features – AI CAM, QLens and Bright mode. The AIM CAM analyzes subjects in frame and recommends optimal shooting mode (Portrait / Food / Pet / Landscape / City / Flower / Sunrise / Sunset)
The QLens leverages image recognition capabilities of AI technology to scan QR codes for enhanced online shopping experiences. Users can also perform image search with QLEns to see matching or similar images of food, fashion, celebrities, detailed information of landmarks / buildings / statues etc.
The Bright mode boosts Low light photography. It uses special algorithms to brighten images by a factor of two for better looking photos with no noise.
Both V30S and V30S Plus variants run on Android 8.0 Oreo OS. They come with Voice AI, which has LG Exclusive voice commands. It allows users to run apps and change settings just via voice commands. It works along side Google assistant and eliminates the need to search through menu options.
LG V30S ThinQ Specifications
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3 mm / Weight: 158 grams
- IP68 rated for water and Dust resistance.
- MIL-STD 810G Compliant
- Fingerprint sensor, Face recognition
- AI CAM / QVoice / QLens / Bright Mode / AI Haptic / Google Assistant
- Android 8.0 Oreo OS
- 6-inch OLED FullView display with 2880 x 1440 pixels resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 538ppi pixel density, multi-touch support
- octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (MSM8998) Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB ROM (V30S ThinQ) / 256GB ROM (V30S+ ThinQ). Expandable up to 2TB using MicroSD card
- 5MP front camera with F/2.2 Aperture, 90-degree wide angle lens
- 16MP Standard Angle primary rear camera with F/1.6 Aperture, 71-degree lens. 13MP wide-angle secondary rear camera with F/1.9 Aperture, 120-degree wide angle lens
- 3300 mAh battery with Quick charge 3.0 fast charging, Wireless charging
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, HDR10, Crystal Clear LEns, Google Daydream, UX 6.0+
- 4G VoLTE (LTE-A 4 Band CA), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0 BLE, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible), NFC
The LG V30S ThinQ and V30S+ ThinQ comes in Moroccan Blue and New Platinum Grey colors. They’ll be showcased at MWC 2018.
Hwang Jeong-hwan, president of LG Mobile Communications Company said –
Many companies talk about AI but we’re already delivering on our promise by integrating intelligent technology in the LG V30S ThinQ to features most commonly used by our customers for a whole new level of convenience never before available in a smartphone of this caliber. And we will continue to introduce new AI capabilities to enhance usability and to demonstrate to our customers that we are committed to delivering a great user experience that continues long after the purchase of an LG phone.