LG Electronics has officially announced its latest flagship smartphone called LG V40 ThinQ. It comes with premium specifications and promises enhanced smartphone photography thanks to its five cameras (2 at the front and 3 at back).
The smartphone is IP68 rated and complies with MIL-STD 810G for added durability. It has rear mounted fingerprint sensor and also supports face recognition for fast unlocking.
The LG V40 ThinQ is 7.7mm thick and weighs about 169 grams. It has matte finish which is achieved using LG’s proprietary Silky Blast process that etches the tempered glass back. The handset not only looks premium but is comfortable to hold.
LG has designed V40 ThinQ from the ground to offer a truly all-encompassing smartphone camera experience. Its rear camera module includes 16MP super wide-angle, 12MP standard angle and 12MP telephoto shooters. These three lenses allow photography enthusiasts to frame different shots without changing position relative to the subject.
LG claims that pixel size of the main rear camera sensor has been improved by 40% when compared to LG V30, with an increase from 1μm to 1.4μm. The LG V40 ThinQ’s image sensor is is also more than 18% larger than its predecessor.
Additionally, it has Dual PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus) which is 50% faster and twice as fast as the industry average. It has advance HDR feature analyzes and determines the right exposure settings. It has AI CAM’s new AI composition feature that leverages phone’s intelligence to frame, capture and recommend an alternative shot.
The smartphone’s front camera module houses 5MP wide-angle and 8MP standard angle lenses. Their combination can create the perfect bokeh effects with an on-screen slider to adjust the amount of background blur. Selfie fanatics can also personalize their photos even more with their unique lighting and special effects.
The LG V40 ThinQ specs include 6.4-inch QHD+ OLED FullVision display with its bottom bezels 1.6mm thinner than its predecessor. Its new plastic OLED display delivers more accurate colors and better luminance consistency.
Under the hood is an Octa-core Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform and comes with 6GB RAM and 64GB / 128GB storage options. There is MicroSD card support for further expansion up to 2TB. It 3300 mAh battery supports Quick Charge 3.0 and is also compatible with Quick Charge 4.
For enhanced audio, the smartphone comes with 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAF and DTS:X 3D surround sound. It has Boombox speakers for loud audio.
LG V40 ThinQ Specifications
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 75.8 x 7.7 mm / Weight: 169 grams
- IP68 rated for water and dust resistance
- Complies with MIL-STD 810G
- Android 8.1 Oreo OS
- Fingerprint sensor (rear), Face Recognition
- Boombox Speaker, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS:X 3D surround sound, Super Far Field voice recognition
- 6.4-inch OLED FullVision HDR10 display with 3120 x 1440 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 538ppi pixel density, multi-touch support
- octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage options, expandable up to 2TB using MicroSD card
- Dual front cameras
- 8MP (Standard, F/1.9 Aperture, 1.12μm pixels, 80-degree lens)
- 5MP (Wide, F/2.2 Aperture, 1.12μm pixels, 90-degree lens)
- Triple rear cameras with LED Flash, Triple shot, Cine Shot, Triple Preview, AI CAM, AI Composition, dual PDAF, HDR
- 16MP (Super Wide Angle lens, F/1.9 Aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 107-degree wide angle lens)
- 12MP (Standard, F/1.5 Aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, 78-degree lens)
- 12MP (Telephoto lens, F/2.4 Aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 45-degree lens, 2x optical zoom)
- 3300 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging (compatible with Quick Charge 4)
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0 BLE, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible), NFC, FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
The LG V40 ThinQ will come in New Aurora Black, New Platinum Gray, New Moroccan Blue and Carmine Red colors. Pricing and launch dates will be announced locally at the time of local launch.
Update: The V40 ThinQ will sell at Verizon USA starting at $40.83a month for 24 months or $979.99 (Rs. 72,450 approx.) in retail from October. For T-Mobile, you can get it for $00 down and $30 a month for 24 months (FRP: 920 or Rs. 68,000 aprpox.) from October 19th. Sprint is offer LG V40 ThinQ at $20 per month plan (ends to $960 or Rs. 70,950 approx.) starting october 19th. Those who pre-order will get DJI Osmo Mobile 2 gimbal and SanDisk Ultra 256GB microSD. AT&T customers can avail the phone for $31.67 a month for 30 months starting October 19th.