Update 28/10/20: LG has officially launched LG Wing Smartphone in India. It is priced at Rs. 69,990. You can get it at both online and offline stores from November 9th.
Original Article: The LG WING features in unique form factor, which is different from any other smartphone. It has Basic Mode and Swivel Mode for elevated user experience. In Swivel Mode where entire front of smartphone rotates clockwise 90-degrees, orienting the main screen in landscape mode to reveal a 3.0-inch second screen. The hinge mechanism in LG WING has proven to be perfectly reliable even after 200,000 swivels.
Its second screen unlocks new usability and new possibilities to explore, where a single application can be expanded to both screens or two applications can be displayed simultaneously. Viewing video-sharing and streaming platforms in Swivel Model allows users to interact with the second screen while content plays uninterrupted on the main screen.
As far as specification of LG WING goes, it has 6.8-inch P-OLED FullVision display with 20.5:9 aspect ratio while its 3.9-inch screen is 1.15:1 G-OLED display. Under the hood is octa-core Snapdragon 765G SoC with 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage options. It has 32MP pop-up selfie camera while the back side is 64MP (Ultra-high resolution OIS Wide) + 12MP (Ultra-Wide Big Pixel) + 13MP (Wide) triple cameras.
Powering inside is 4000mAh battery and supports Quick Charge 4+. The smartphone is IP54 rated for water and dust resistance and complies with MIL-STD 810G military grade durability. It has rear mounted fingerprint sensor as well.
LG WING specifications
- Colors: Aurora Gray, Illusion Sky
- Dimensions: 169.5 x 74.5 x 10.9
- Weight: 260 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Biometrics: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Ratings: IP54 (Water / Dust), MIL-STD 810G compliant
- Operating System: Android 10
- Main Display: 6.8-inch P-OLED FullVision with 2460 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20.5:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi pixel density, multi-touch
- Second Display: 3.9-inch 1.15:1 G-OLED screen with 1240 x 1080 pixles resolution, 419ppi pixel density
- Chipset: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G mobile platform with Adreno 620 GPU with Snapdragon X52 5G modem RF-System
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB built-in storage space, expandable up to 2TB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 32MP with F/1.9 Aperture, 79.6° FOV, 0.8um pixel size
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED Flash
- 64MP main with F/1.8 Aperture, 78° FOV, 0.8um pixel size
- 13MP with 117° ultra-wide angle lens, F/1.9 Aperture, 1.0um pixel size
- 12MP with 120° ultra-wide angle lens, F/2.2 Aperture, 1.4um pixel size
- Battery: 4000mAh with Quick Charge 4.0+ fast charging, Wireless Charging
- Connectivity: 5G / 4G VoLTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth V5.1, USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen1 compatible), NFC
- Other Features: Gimbal Motion camera, Front Pop Up camera, Hexa Motion Stabilizer, AI CAM, Google Lens, Google Assistant, Q Lens, Dual Recording, LG Creator’s Kit, Black Stabilizer, LG 3D Sound Engine
The LG WING color options include Aurora Gray and Illusion Sky shades. It will start rolling out in South Korea starting October. It will also land in markets of North America and Europe. Pricing details will be out the time of launch.