After launching Meizu 16 and Meizu 16 plus, company today launched Meizu 16X smartphone in China. It has uni-body metal design with curved edges, round corners and features in an in-display fingerprint sensor.
It has 6-inch display with FHD+ resolution and 402ppi pixel density. It is powered by an octa-core 10nm Snapdragon 710 SoC and is paired with 6GB RAM. The Meizu 16X variants include 64GB and 128GB storage options.
The smartphone features in 12MP and 20MP dual rear cameras with ring 6-LED Flash, OIS, Laser Focus, AI scene recognition etc. For selfies, company has included a 20MP front facing shooter with face unlock and AI capabilities.. The hardware is powered by 3100 mAh battery.
Meizu 16X specifications
- Dimensions: 151 x 73.5 x 7.5 mm / Weight: 154 grams
- in-display 360-degree optical fingerprint sensor, can store 5 fingerprints
- Supports Face unlock
- Android Oreo based Flyme OS
- 6-inch on-cell display with 2160 x 1080 pixels resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi pixel density, 430nits (typical) brightness, 100,000:1 contrast ratio, 90.62% screen-to-body ratio, multi-touch support
- octa-core (2.2GHz Kryo 360 x 2 + 1.7GHz Kryo 360 x 6) Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 616 GPU, Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP AIE artificial Intelligence engine
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB UFS 2.1 storage space
- 20MP front camera with F/2.0 Aperture, Face AE brightness enhancements, Smart Bokeh, AI face unlock, ArcSoft Adaptive skin beauty
- 12MP (Wide Angle, F/1.8 Aperture, 1/2.3-inch Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size) + 20MP (Telephoto lens, F/2.6 Aperture, Sony IMX350 sensor) dual rear cameras with 6-LED Flash. Supports 4-axis OIS (main camera), Laser Focus, Burst mode, 3x lossless zoom, portrait mode bokeh, Panorama, 4K videos
- 3100 mAh non-removable battery
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-FI 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0 BLE, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Linear motors, pressure sensor, gravity sensor, IR Proximity sensor, gyroscope, Ambient Light sensor, e-Compass
The Meizu 16X 64GB storage variant costs 2098 Yuan (US$ 206 / Rs. 22,300 approx.) while the Meizu 16X 128GB storage model carries price-tag of 2398 Yuan (US$ 350 / Rs. 25,490 approx.) . It comes in White, Black and Gold colors. Pre-orders of the phone begins today and will start selling from September 26th.