Meizu has officially unveiled its latest Meizu 17 Series smartphones. These include Meizu 17 and Meizu 17 Pro.
They have dual Nano Slots with 5G (SA/NSA) and Dual 4G VoLTE support. These run on Android 10 based Flyme OS 8.1 and packs in an in-display fingerprint sensor which has 0.15s response time.
The Meizu 17 and 17 Pro features in 6.6-inch AMOLED display and boasts 92.2% screen-to-body ratio, which is thanks to its ultra-slim 2.2mm bezels. The screen offers FHD+ resolution, 90Hz refresh and 180Hz touch sampling rate.
Both of them are powered by octa-core Snapdragon 865 processor. It has mEngine 3.0 haptic engine, paired with horizontal linear vibration motor, Bionic mechanical shock and offers 4D immersive gaming experience.
The Meizu 17 houses 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage options (non expandable). It has combination of 64MP + 8MP + 12MP + 5MP quad rear shooters.
The Meizu 17 Pro features in 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage space (non expandable). It has a slightly premium camera setup of 64MP + 32MP + 8MP + 3MP shooters.
These have 20MP front facing camera placed inside punch hole for selfies. Both of them are powered by 4500mAh battery with pro one supporting wireless charging. Both support 30W Super mCharge fast charging, which can charge up to 56% in just 30 minutes.
Meizu 17 and Meizu 17 Pro specifications
- Dimensions: 160 x 77.2 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 199 Grams (Meizu 17) / 219 grams (Meizu 17 Pro)
- SIM: Dual Nano slots
- Operating System: Android 10 based Flyme OS 8.1
- Biometrics: In-display Super mTouch fingerprint sensor (360-degree, 0.15s response), Face recognition unlock
- Display: 6.6-inch On-Cell AMOLED display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 390ppi pixel density, 2000000:1 contrast ratio, 700nits (typical) / 1100nits (peak) brightness, 100% DCI-P3 colors, HDR10+ support, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, multi-touch support, 92.2% Screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM with Storage:
- Meizu 17: 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Meizu 17 Pro: 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Front camera: 20MP with F/2.2 Aperture, 0.8um pixel size, 5P lens, AI beauty
- Rear cameras: Quad-Rear cameras with 6-LED Ring Flash, 4K at 60fps, 480fps slow motion, Scene recognition, Smart HDR, PDAF
- Meizu 17:
- 64MP main with 1/1.7-inch Sony IMX686 sensor, F/1.8 Aperture, 0.8um pixel size, 6P Lens, 26mm equivalent focal length
- 8MP with 118-degree Samsung 4H7 ultra-wide-angle lens, F/2.2 Aperture
- 12MP depth camera with Sony IMX362 sensor, F/1.9 Aperture
- 5MP macro lens with Sony 5E9 Sensor, F/1.9 Aperture
- Meizu 17 Pro:
- 64MP main with 1/1.7-inch Sony IMX686 sensor, F/1.8 Aperture, 0.8um pixel size, 6P Lens
- 32MP with 129-degree Sony IMX616 ultra-wide-angle lens, F/2.2 Aperture, 3cm Macro, 6P lens, 15mm equivalent focal length
- 8MP telephoto lens with OV08A10 sensor, F/2.4 Aperture, 5P lens, 79mm equivalent focal length
- 3MP Samsung S5K33D ToF sensor with F/1.4 Aperture, 7um pixels, 4P lens
- Meizu 17:
- Audio: Super Linear dual speakers
- Battery: 4500mAh (typical) with 5V/3A or 10V/3A or 20V/1.8A fast charging support. Also supports QC3.0 and PE2.0, 27W wireless charging (only in Meizu 17 Pro)
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz) 4×4 MIMO, USB type-C, Bluetooth V5.1, GPS (L1+L5)/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC
- Sensors: Linear motor, Gravity, Pressure, Light, Distance, Gyroscope, Touch sensor, e-Compass
Meizu 17 and Meizu 17 Pro price list
- Meizu 17 8GB/128GB variant: 3699 yuan (US$ 522 / Rs. 39,500 approx.)
- Meizu 17 8GB/256GB variant: 3999 yuan (US$ 565 / Rs. 42,720 approx.)
- Meizu 17 Pro 8GB/128GB variant: 4299 yuan (US$ 607 / Rs. 45,930 approx.)
- Meizu 17 Pro 8GB/256GB variant: 4699 yuan (US$ 664 / Rs. 50,200 approx.)
The Meizu 17 colors include Fantasy Unicorn Blue, Seventeen Grey and Ink Green shades. It will go on sale in China from May 8th. The Meizu 17 Pro colors include Azure, White and Black shades. It will start selling in China from May 11th.