Along with Moto G8 Plus, Motorola has also unveiled Moto G8 Play smartphone. It comes with IPX2 splash resistant rating and runs on Android 9.0 Pie OS.
The Moto G8 Play features in a rear mounted fingerprint sensor and comes with Hybrid Dual Nano SIM slots. It has 6.2-inch Max Vision HD+ display and houses an octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 SoC.
Sadly, there is only 2GB RAM inside. You get 32GB ROM (expandable) and a decent 4000mAh battery capacity. An 8MP camera sits at the front while the back side houses 13MP + 8MP + 2MP triple shooters and LED Flash.
Moto G8 Play specifications
- Dimensions: 157.6 x 75.4 x 9 mm
- Weight: 183.6 grams
- Ratings: IPX2 Splash resistant
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (rear)
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- SIM: Hybrid Dual Nano SIM slots
- Display: 6.2-inch Max vision display with 1520 x 720 pixels resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio, multi-touch support
- Chipset: 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 processor with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 32GB built-in, Expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 8MP
- Rear cameras: Triple rear cameras with LED Flash
- 13MP with F/2.0 Aperture, 1.25um pixel size
- 8MP with 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens, F/2.2 Aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 2MP depth sensor with F/2.2 Aperture, 1.75um pixel size
- Battery: 4000mAh
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth V4.2, USB Type-C, GPS/GLONASS, FM Radio, 3.5mm Audio jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient Light
The Moto G8 Play price is 967.12 Brazilian real (US$ 240 / R.s 17,030 approx.). It comes in Knight Grey and Royal Magenta colors. The smartphone will also land in other markets of Mexico, Chile and Peru starting today. Latin America will get stocks in coming months.