Motorola has officially introduced its latest smartphone in China called EDGE S. The phone is first from company to feature in new Snapdragon 870 5G SoC.
The Motorola Edge S features in a side mounted fingerprint sensor which is placed on power button. It is powered by Android 11 OS out of the box and includes Dual SIM support.
The Mobile sports a 6.7-inch LCD display with FHD+ resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio and delivers up to 90Hz refresh rate. The screen also delivers DCI-P3 colors and 560nits of peak brightness. The display also boasts an impressive 90% screen-to-body ratio.
The Motorola Edge S specs include 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM variants and 128GB / 256GB storage options. Motorola claims that this handset manages to score 680000 points on AnTuTu, bringing 12% improvement for CPU and 10% enhancement for GPU.
Inside the screen are two distinct punch holes which houses 16MP and 8MP shooters. At the back side are quad- cameras with dual-LED Flash. These include 64MP Main, 16MP ultra-wide angle, 2MP depth and ToF sensor.
The Motorla Edge S houses 5000mAh battery and supports 20W turbo charging. The device is also IP52 rated, which makes it resistant to splashes.
Motorola Edge S Specifications
- Dimensions: 168.38 x 73.97 x 9.69 mm
- Weight: 215 grams
- Body materials: NVCM
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (on power button), Face Unlock
- Water resistance: IP52
- Operating System: Android 11
- SIM: Dual Nano Slots
- Display: 6.7-inch LCD screen with 2520 x 1080 pixels resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, up to 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10 support, 1500:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 colors, 560nits (HBM Peak) brightness, multi-touch support, 90% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Octa-core Snapdragon 70 mobile platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM and storage:
- 6GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Expandable up to 1TB using MicroSD card
- Front cameras: Dual cameras
- 16MP main
- 8MP 100° ultra-wide angle lens
- Rear cameras: Quad-cameras with dual-LED flash, up to 6K video, Digital zoom, 0.5x optical zoom
- 64MP main with F/1.7 Aperture, PDAF
- 16MP with 121° ultra-wide angle lens, PDAF, 2.8cm macro
- 2MP depth sensor with F/2.4 Aperture
- ToF Sensor
- Battery: 5000mAh with 20W Turbo fast charging
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V 5.1, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS(l1+l5)/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo(e1+e5a), 3.5mm audio jack
- Sensors: Gravity, Ambient Light, Proximity, Gyro, E-Compass
The Motorola Edge S colour options include Emerald Blue and White shades. The handset is already up for order in China.
Motorola Edge S Price
- Motorola Edge S 6GB/128GB model: 1999 Yuan ($310 / Rs. 22,540 approx.)
- Motorola Edge S 8GB/128GB model: 2399 Yuan ($370 / Rs. 27,050 approx.)
- Motorola Edge S 8GB/256GB model: 2799 Yuan ($432 / Rs. 31,550 approx.)