Motorola has officially announced its new Motorola Edge smartphone. It is successor to last years Motorola Edge, but with same name.
The Motorola Edge 2021 model comes with 2.5D glass front and sports IP52 splash resistant rating. It has side mounted fingerprint sensor and supports face unlocking. It runs on Android 11 OS out of the box.
The mobile is offered in Single SIM option and supports 5G / 4G VoLTE. Notably, Verizon, T-Mobile, Metro PCS and other MVNOs on TMO network support 5G. Other carriers like AT&T, Google Fi, Cricket, Tracfone (GSM / CDMA), Consumer Cellular, Defense Mobile, Straight Talk Wireless (GSM / CDMA) and other MVNOs on Verzion’s and AT&T network support 4G VoLTE.
The Motorola Edge 2021 features a 6.8-inch LCD display with 90.6% screen-to-body ratio and offers FHD+ resolution and 144Hz refresh rate. Powering inside is eight-core Snapdragon 778G SoC with 8GB RAM and 25GB built-in storage space (non expandable). Powering inside is 5000mAh battery with 30W fast charging support.
For optics, Motorola has included 32MP front camera with quad-pixel tech, 4K video recording and 1080p video recording support. At the back side are triple cameras which include 108MP main, 8MP ultra-wide which takes macro shots and a 2MP depth sensor for bokeh.
New Motorola Edge (2021) specifications
- Dimensions: 169 x 75.6 x 8.99 mm
- Weight: 200 grams
- Body: Front – 2.5D glass / Rear – PMMA
- Water Resistant: IP52
- Biometrics: Fingerprint sensor (side), Face unlock, ThinkShield for mobile
- Operating System: Android 11 with My UX
- SIM: Single SIM
- Display: 6.8-inch Max Vision LCD 8-bit display with 2460 x 1080 pixels resolution, 20.5:9 aspect ratio, 144Hz refresh rate, up to 576Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10, multi-touch support, 90.6% screen-to-body ratio
- Chipset: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G mobile platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB built-in
- Front camera: 32MP with F/2.25 Aperture, 0.7um pixel size, Quad-pixel technology at 1.4um, up to 4K at 30fps, Slow-motion 1080p at 120fps
- Rear cameras: Triple cameras with LED flash, 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 60/30fps, Slow motion 1080p at 120fps / 720p at 240/920fps, ultra-wide 1080p at 30fps
- 108MP main with 1/52″ sensor, F/1.9 Aperture, 0.7um pixel size, Ultra pixel technology for 2.1um, Up to 10x digital zoom, HDR
- 8MP ultra-wide with 119-degree FOV, Macro Vision, F/2.2 Aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 2MP depth with F/2.4 Aperture, 1.75um pixel size
- Battery: 5000mAh with 30W TurboPower charging. Offers up to 2 days battery life
- Connectivity: 5G (SA/NSA/Sub6) depending on carrier / 4G VoLTE (depending on carrier), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth V5.2, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/LTEPP/SUPL
- Audio: Bottom-ported speaker, triple microphones, no headphone jack
The Motorola Edge 2021 is priced at $699 however, for limited period, it will sell at $499. It comes in single Nebula Blue colors. The handset is already up for registration at company’s official site.