HMD Global has officially unveiled Nokia 2.3 smartphone for European markets. This budget mobile is successor to Nokia 2.2 and was unveiled at an event in Egypt. The mobile is 8.68mm thick and sports a metallic frame. Its operating system is currently Android 9.0 Pie but is upgradable to Android 10 in future.
The Nokia 2.3 specs include 6.2-inch multi-touch HD+ 19:9 display coupled with a notch which houses 5MP selfie camera. Facial recognition is supported. At the back side is combination of 13MP and 2MP shooters. It has AI low light feature, HDR, Portrait mode and ‘Recommended Shot’ feature (captures an image before and after shutter button is pressed).
Internals makeup of quad-core MediaTek Helio A22 SoC with 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM which is expandable. A 4000mAh battery powers the hardware. There is no fingerprint sensor thought. You get Dual SIM slots with Dual 4G VoLTE.
Nokia 2.3 Specifications
- Dimensions: 157.69 x 75.41 x 8.68 mm
- Weight: 183 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM Slots
- Biometrics: Facial recognition
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, Upgradable to Android 10
- Display: 6.2-inch multi-touch water-drop notch display with 1520 x 720 pixels resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: 2GHz quad-core MediaTek Helio A22 processor with IMG-PowerVR GE-Class GPU
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 32GB built-in, expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card
- Front camera: 5MP with F/2.4 Aperture
- Rear cameras: 13MP (F/2.2) + 2MP (Depth) dual cameras with LED Flash
- Battery: 4000mAh (compatible with 5V/1A charging)
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth V5.0, MicroUSB V2.0, GPS/GLONASS, FM Radio, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors: Ambient Light, Proximity, Accelerometer
The Nokia 2.3 price is Euro 109 (US$ 121 / Rs. 8,630 approx.) and comes in Cyan Green, Sand and Charcoal colors. It will start rolling out globally from December mid.